kinda dumb founded

Participant count
  • Participant list

brodeisel
10+ year member

The Cool Newb
iowa
i was driving home from work then out of no were the amps quit. I have already checked the remote wire. The power and ground under the hood also. I have a volt meter in the back and its not turning on in the distributer so it has to be something with power no flowing. I got to go to class then work soon so i hope this well be enough info.

Well it went out the came back on and off for a couple times. Then it just stoped so i dont think its the fuse

thats what i was thinking just checking to see if there is something else it could be. fused looked good when i checked it. and under the hood is connected i just re connected it.

sounds like just bad connections if it cuts in and out. I've had that problem with systems before where I didn't bother to do every connection perfect. It's very important that your ground connections are well sanded down to bare metal and bolted down tight actually everything has to be really secure especially if you drive like a bat outa hell like me.

there are 2 amps and my distrubutor has no voltage read out. an os rockfor 400a4 punch and a audiopipe 1500 wired at only 2 ohms with gains less then half. this has never happened. i still get my set of speakers running of the cd player to work.

might have ran into some sort of protect based on voltage hows your electrical? I mean IDK if you really got no voltage at the distributor then obviously theres something wrong in the power wire or fuse, some fuses are made with the sockets for the fuse encased in plastic and in some situations that platic can expand due to environmental reasons and that plastic can get in the way of the connection of the fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.