Bench tested Hifonics???

I heard that is flea market trash real similar to Legacy, Pyramid, and Pyle in terms of quality:laugh:

I keed, I keed.... I joka wit u!
ahh you got jokes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

anyone that doesnt think hifonics puts out come sit in my truck;)
Becareful or they will bust out a punch 30 and show you what old school can do...Its better cause it does over rated power!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I used a Brutus BXi1000D, it was decent for what I paid for it, and I ran it daily at 1 ohm, and it never even barely got warm, I don't think I could get it close to hot if I wanted to. I have since upgraded to a Nine.1 and put the hifonics in my girlfriends car where it serves her just fine. I'm sure it doesn't put out 1000 watts RMS @ 1 ohm like it claims, but it's not a bad amp at all.

Becareful or they will bust out a punch 30 and show you what old school can do...Its better cause it does over rated power!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
Highly doubtful... that was the biggest POS that Rockford Fosgate ever produced. I purchased one for a pair of tweeters and the dang DSM components kept popping off the board, thus resulting in the amp being at Rockford Fosgate more than it was in my car:verymad:

Now if you would have said an Orion HCCA 2100, that would have been a better argument!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Now if you would have said an Orion HCCA 2100, that would have been a better argument!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I like my HCCA2100.................................. 200watt amp that does around 2k:D.

Highly doubtful... that was the biggest POS that Rockford Fosgate ever produced. I purchased one for a pair of tweeters and the dang DSM components kept popping off the board, thus resulting in the amp being at Rockford Fosgate more than it was in my car:verymad:
Meh I would just have gotten 2 AA 100hc's and had enough money left over to get a 7949:laugh:

I like my HCCA2100.................................. 200watt amp that does around 2k:D.
Back from the day when Orion power amplifiers made at least the rated power that was printed on them, if not a little more;) I bet Richard LeMay, may he rest in peace, is rolling over in his grave every time DEI comes out with a new Orion product!

Yeah, the Brutus amps get hot as all hell. A few weeks ago I touched one joking around because it was so cold out and my friend had been running it hard for the hour drive we just had.When I touched it, I left my finger prints on it. Literally left them on it. Not a copy of them , my ****ing actual finger prints. It literally burned my skin off!! lol I haven't had that happen when touching an amp since 97 sinceI touched a Soundstream Ref 10.0!! lol

I witnessed a BXi 1608d that started to clip at a whopping 40 volts (800 watts RMS) at 2 ohms on subwoofers (real world test) @ 50 cycles. I know there is a slight impedance rise associated with the enclosure, but that was extremely disappointing to see first hand since it was a tad bit shy of 1,100 watts @ 2 ohms!
IMHO, Hifonics BXi is overrated and CHEAP!
Volts means nothing without amps.

Volts x Amps= watts.

Idiot.

So don't go just by Volts to see how much power a amp is really putting out.

Volts means nothing without amps.
Volts x Amps= watts.

Idiot.

So don't go just by Volts to see how much power a amp is really putting out.
First of all, this was a test that was performed for me by someone else and he was going on that little (SQRT (Power x Ohms)) formula with his oscilloscope. Since that is not a valid formula, you better tell the rest of the pudknockers on this forum to stop setting their gains that way with a digital multimeter!

Secondly, show me a Hifonics BXi amp that makes rated power when driven from 20 to 80 Hz simultaneously at ALL loads the amp is capable of operating at and I will NEVER bash them again!

ETA: Since you are the one who called me an idiot, you do realize that you just pointed out ONE of the variations of Ohm's law? Here are the rest of them:

1. Voltage = the Square Root of Power * Resistance

2. Voltage = Power / Current

3. Voltage = Current * Resistance

4. Resistance = Voltage / Current

5. Resistance = Power / Current squared

6. Resistance = Voltage squared / Power

7. Current = Voltage / Resistance

8. Current = the Square Root of Power / Resistance

9. Current = Power / Voltage

10. Power = Voltage * Current

11. Power = the Current squared * Resistance

12. Power = the Voltage squared / Resistance

OMG, it looks like power can also be voltage squared divided by resistance too (number 12).... Hmm (40*40) / 2 = 800.

Just who is the idiot again?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.