Belt to big next size to small

Yea im still in my black truck, no plans of ever getting rid of it, thats my system truck. Put to much into it to let it go for what theyre worth.

Thats what i was thinking larger pullys would autozone and those stores sell them just like that?

Thats the thing i tried 2 autozone ones and they both made the noise then i got a gates brand one from oriellys and this one does the noise for a second or two then it stops. Thats why im thinking i need a smaller belt so the tensioner hasmore tension on it.
Maybe, but if not you could check out jegs or summit racing... They are good for all kinda speciality parts... Also if your pully is making any kinda noise it's more than likely bad... It should be very tight fitting and spin very freely an idle pully can take months to fail... When did my timing belt, water pump, and oil seals my idler pulley was locked up after i cleaned everything at the car wash but i popped the bearing cap WD-40 the heck outta it and then oil soaked it and it lasted another 2 1/2 months just have to be carful they don't get to the point of getting so hot the stud fails and then u got drill it out... And as long as ur tentioner isn't all the way extended as fat as u can push it to get a belt on u should be fine 75% to 90% of it's full extension is about where it should be. Well on most vehicles anyway.

Do you have A/C? If not there is a pully that supposed be just a little larger to take its spot.Look in the Chilton book. It shows with or without A/C.The Parts store will try to mix and match and get it all jacked up trying give you a different belt and different pulley of just what they got on shelves to make a sale.Ran into that a few times myself.Go by the book and or google the existing part # up and Cross reference the number
This is also good advice, never ask the ppl at the auto parts place what you need cuz they will sell u anything... Always know what you need and check the part before you leave the store to make sure it's what you need.

I've never heard my tensioner, pulley, or any other bearing rattle but maybe it's muffled out. My first instinct would be get a higher quality tensioner, sounds like china got to your source

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.