been here for years but need help

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
honestly im cluess as what to do with my new car

2005 GTO

heres what we got

Double Din Radio

6.5 in the front doors, i believe 1" in the dash, 6.5 in the rear quarter panels, and 2 7" in the rear deck

the trunk is tiny, and i mean tiny....

what do you think i should try for this setup...i have an AVN7000 im probabaly going to trade / sell so for now lets say budget is like $6-800 + the money from the AVN...making it like a 1200-1400 total...

SQ is what i have in mind here...im not trying to add hundreds of lbs to the trunk....but my brother has an 04 xxx 12" he would sell me for probably less than $200....

post up what YOUD do

Head unit:

*Eclipse CD7200 MkII (if tight on budget)

*Clarion DRZ-9255 (if you have the money)

Front speakers:

*MB Quart PVF 216 (budget) there is a german magazine that has a review of those comps. Those ranked amongs the best (reference class) such as Focal Utopia Be 6 & 7, Brax Matrix, Rainbow Reference 260.30, Alpine F#1 status SPX-Z 18T.

*Hybrid Audio Technology is another brand to look at, they seem to win quite a lot of SQ competition lately.

* On that same magazine (Autohifi), the Focal Utopia Be 7 has ranked #1. Therefore if you have money...

Amplifiers:

5 channel: Audison Hybrid A/B&D: LRx 5.1k. I have the 3 channel version and the sound of the front channel is quite similar to the VRx line. Technology came from the Famous Audison Thesis line.

If you are willing to have a 2 amp system, try to look at brands like:

Image Dynamics

Sundown Audio (I think that they have some good deal now on Soundsolutionsaudio.com - sub+amp)

Hope that helps,

Kelvin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.