Bazooka Tube: Yes or No?

SilverStang
10+ year member

TX
I can pick up an 8" bazooka sub tube for $70 on ebay, is it worth it? I am on a very low budget but would love some bass, seems affordable and simple.

Also, could I get a decent sub with enclosure and everything for under $100? And if I need to get an amp (if I dont go the bazooka sub tube with built in amp) what do I look for in an amp, like how many watts would I need for like a single 8" sub and to boost my 6.5's as well??

X2.

Save up more and get something that's worth the time and effort. You can pick up a nice low budget subwoofer and amplifier from the classifieds here or on craigslist for around $150 or $175 and build the box yourself. Just make sure to do your research before buying anything, and be sure to ask questions before you shell out cash.

Try looking for an Alpine Type-R in your local craigslist; it's a great starter sub that's easy to find and can be had for VERY cheap, like $70 or $80 local.

If you are concerned with SQ then don't do it. If you are looking for something short term and all you care about is low end on a super tight budget, its the only thing you can do for that price. A powered woofer enclosure is gonna run you ~$200, but will sound much better if you can get to that point.

Also, forums are a great place to find a deal if you do some digging, so you might could find an 8" or 10" and an amp to push it for $100-140

Stay away...just save up and look for omething else...there are small little shark amps on ebay that are dirt cheap but work really well...also for subs look for something. With decent enough power like 300 rms to start

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 P1S410 10-Inch 150-Watt Subwoofer - 4 Ohm

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 P1S410 10-Inch 150-Watt Subwoofer - 4 Ohm: Electronics

$50 shipped

R/T 300 Enclosure Series (314-10) - Single Slot Vented 10" Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box

Amazon.com: R/T 300 Enclosure Series (314-10) - Single Slot Vented 10" Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box: Car Electronics

$30

Kenwood KAC-5204 350 Watt Max Power Stereo Amplifier with Variable LPF

Amazon.com: Kenwood KAC-5204 350 Watt Max Power Stereo Amplifier with Variable LPF: Car Electronics

$60

Boss Audio KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Amazon.com: Boss Audio KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit: Electronics

$15

Total: $155

Better than the bazooka tube: Much Much better.

Bazooka bass tubes are fine products for the money. They don't take up much space and the output is substantial when corner loaded. If that 8" eBay tube is in good working condition I would get it and give it a try. Just don't expect it to be the most musical sounding sub and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 P1S410 10-Inch 150-Watt Subwoofer - 4 OhmAmazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 P1S410 10-Inch 150-Watt Subwoofer - 4 Ohm: Electronics

$50 shipped

R/T 300 Enclosure Series (314-10) - Single Slot Vented 10" Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box

Amazon.com: R/T 300 Enclosure Series (314-10) - Single Slot Vented 10" Sub Bass Hatchback Speaker Box: Car Electronics

$30

Kenwood KAC-5204 350 Watt Max Power Stereo Amplifier with Variable LPF

Amazon.com: Kenwood KAC-5204 350 Watt Max Power Stereo Amplifier with Variable LPF: Car Electronics

$60

Boss Audio KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

Amazon.com: Boss Audio KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit: Electronics

$15

Total: $155

Better than the bazooka tube: Much Much better.
I love you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.