CDT CL-61A comps - opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heeltoeclutch
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Guys I'm torn and I need help deciding. I have a chance to get a set of CDT CL-61A mids and tweets (no crossover) for cheap, but I dunno too much about CDT. Anyone ever used/heard these?

I have a set of BNIB Zeus 6.5 comps that I had originally intended to use, but I am unsure now. Sic was recommending them; said they ate lots of other more expensive speakers omnomnomnom..... But im not sure i'll be entirely happy with them. I'm not sure if I should jump on this CDT set and try and find some crossovers used... or just throw in the Zeuses and call it a day... I like loud SQ and lots of midbass... I was thinking if I got the CDTs I'd try and sell the Zeuses (not sure if people would want em) but meh...

I needs your help component goorooz!!! Please give me your insight.

Thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Someonee on here posted that CDT is overpriced cheap stuff - but no eh? I'm leaning towards picking them up and finding a ssuitable crossover - i doubt i'll find the original Satnet 400s anywhere used... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I just put a set of those cdt 6.5'' components in my kick panels. They sound awesome. I think I like them more than my morel tempo components in my doors.

Thanks for the input man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do you guys think they would sound significantly less good if they were played through a non-matching passive crossover?

I use the 6.5" CL series components and love them. They're on a 120W RMS amp and you need to give them that much power to get good midbass. The HD-6 woofers offer far more powerful midbass but then you're jumping up in price to the next tier. I would get CDT crossovers to match the woofers and tweeters, but you might like how they sound with other crossovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.