Bazooka 10 in. Car Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

toxicwaste8504
10+ year member

MI
latly i have been looking at getting new subs for my car, i have always looked at round 10inch in a sealed, the other day i started looking at Bazooka | Bazooka TVB-141 Bass Reflex Subwoofer Features 1 Triangular ported subwoofer box with a triangular RX-T1 sub installed. 200 watts RMS/450 watts peak power handling. or should i get Polk 12" 400-Watt Subwoofer. I will be powering them with my profile mono amp at 300 rms and will prob be getting a bigger amp in the summer. Which one of these subs are going to give me the most clean bass, and a little loud, but mostly i am looking for clean bass:crazy:

Originally posted by toxicwaste8504 latly i have been looking at getting new subs for my car, i have always looked at round 10inch in a sealed, the other day i started looking at Bazooka | Bazooka TVB-141 Bass Reflex Subwoofer Features 1 Triangular ported subwoofer box with a triangular RX-T1 sub installed. 200 watts RMS/450 watts peak power handling. or should i get Polk 12" 400-Watt Subwoofer. I will be powering them with my profile mono amp at 300 rms and will prob be getting a bigger amp in the summer. Which one of these subs are going to give me the most clean bass, and a little loud, but mostly i am looking for clean bass:crazy:
IMO, neither. How much do you have to spend? What about a Type-R?

Originally posted by toxicwaste8504 latly i have been looking at getting new subs for my car, i have always looked at round 10inch in a sealed, the other day i started looking at Bazooka | Bazooka TVB-141 Bass Reflex Subwoofer Features 1 Triangular ported subwoofer box with a triangular RX-T1 sub installed. 200 watts RMS/450 watts peak power handling. or should i get Polk 12" 400-Watt Subwoofer. I will be powering them with my profile mono amp at 300 rms and will prob be getting a bigger amp in the summer. Which one of these subs are going to give me the most clean bass, and a little loud, but mostly i am looking for clean bass:crazy:
I think that your amp might be a little too powerful for that Bazooka. You CAN run it with that amp, but watch your gains and your volume level, because you can easily blow your sub. I've always like Bazooka's bass tubes. They always seemed to work real good and hit really hard, but I'm not so sure about the cleanliness of it. Same for the Polk. They hit hard but I dont know about the cleanliness. If you've narrowed it down to those two choices, find a retailer somewhere (Circuit City sells both brands) and go check them out. Listen to them and crank them up. Compare them real good. THEN make your decision. But remember, your set up wont be the same as what they have there.. so it probably wont sound exactly the same. It should work. Hope that helps bro.

I loooked at the alpine type r but i do not have enough power to power both of them and have them sound decent. I already went to CC they only had the bass tubes which sounded real good, and i didnt know if the polk would sound as good or no, and since the polk are only like 125 rms but i have herd real nice things about them. Any-1 have either of these speaker set ups in your car? Also i dont think i would be pushing to much power to the baz cause i would have two of them it would be almost perfect rms, what about the liquid cooling kit for those? worth the money?

I have a three bazooka rx-t1 subwoofers glassed in my rear deck area with a US Amps 100HC pushing them . It hits pretty hard and it sounds good too ! I have them in a sealed MDF enclosure with three separate chambers , each sub is in 0.6 cubic feet per sub (the baffle board is mostly fiberglass) . I think they are pretty good subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . When I first decided those were the subs I wanted I bought one sub and I built a 0.6 cubic feet box for it and played it my car for a little while to see how it sounded , I powered it with about 200 watts RMS . It was descent . With just one of those subs though I think you would wanna go with the ported box to get a bit more volume , but it was smooth in a sealed enclosure . I've heard that that tri-vent enclosure sounds good , but I have'nt heard one yet . Hope this helped .

I should be getting a web page up soon with my car and installation pics . (month or so)

Well if you are gonna run with two of the bazookas , you will probably like it in a sealed enclosure . The enclosure would be small and manageable 1.2 cubic feet , Wow ! that would be small and you would still get descent bass . As far as liquid cooling goes ... I want to get it in my car hooked up to my subs , because I pound the heck out of them sometimes and I do think it could help out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , it could'nt hurt anything ! It is not necessary though . It's kinda up to you as far as worth the money goes . I don't know much about the polk subs except I don't hear about them as much anymore . Maybe I have'nt been listening ? The bazooka subs are good in my book //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

Yeah i have been looking at the tri vented, it sounds real nice. But you know how those store displays are. But yeah thanks for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.