bay area meet #2

scratch that box will be stained oak ply 6" aeros. dowels and window braces //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my amp is back!

my fiberglass box got cracked. the wind kicked up so strong the other night that it took the top half of my neighbors shed off. it hit my dads truck and was sitting in my driveway, roof and all, when i got up for work. the box was sitting outside on some stands and it got blown over. luckily its not a really big crack and it shouldnt hurt anything. ill just glass the inside a little.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in moving the meet to the Saturday before that day. Since the current date is Super Bowl Sunday....

yea that might be a problem letting everyone know, people stoppedlookin at this thread i think!

the box got cracked dude thats effing lame :|

got my box and subs in....on one amp ~1400w

i think youd approve. So is your box close to being done?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36262&st=0&start=0 linky to some pics of a rough install and unfinished box....needs like 2 coats more stain, and one clear laquer plus tons of sanding where the screw plugs went in :O

Can't really tell looking at the pics. I'm sure it can but for how long is the question. Less part can mean more heat on the parts you do have. I sure someone either their or at AR can do some clamp testing on it, if it's easy to get to.
yeah ive bein hearing that hd4000's are only burp amps(used in competitions but will put 4000 rms of clean power) they will get hot on music depending how hard you push them, but they dont get hot that easy neither..

mr p, i got my mmats d3500.05 clamped down in LA at my friends shop, did 3180 rms, all clean power:crazy:

im thinking that the hd4000's are like the modified versions of the d3500.5's and d3500.1's.

well im not sure i may already be having problems with mine, or i may need to set the gains loaded. Im going to call mmats on tuesday and get some more input, i have like no overhead! i tested the output power on the amp unloaded and with the gains turned all the way down and headunit all the way up putting out clean power, i get clipping!!! i have to back the headunit down to stop the clip, im thinking the gains do not go low enough at; Input Sensitivity 150mV to 2.5Vrms

and my deck is 6v rca's i cant get the gain backed down enough to give me any overhead. :\ and there is no subsonic filter, nothing llike 2 underhung 18's one broken in one not, tuned to 40hz blasting a 35hz song with 10hz between notes :eek:

so...i need a fosgate 360.2 to give more adjustability, and need to get my port plugs :p

Full tilt on your deck will create clipping. My deck will clip into volume 26 + and it goes to 32

Set the deck volume at just under clipping, then do the same for the amp. With 6v preouts, you may net need much gain on the amp.

my deck has a setting where it will lock the volume at half its full volume, then has a gain setting to raise its rca voltage with a "volume adjust". so you drop the total volume of the unit then set volume adjust to +12 (max) and i get a clean signal to subs with subvolume from -6 all the way to +5 then after +5 i clip on the deck's rca's. So with no clipping on the rca's of the deck what so ever. And the amp turned all the way down, i have to lower my headunit voltage (from the rca's) by lowering the sub level to 0. At 0 with the amp gain all the way down its clean, +1 sub level (clean on the deck) is clean +2 is a weird start of a hard clip...it square waves on corner of the wave, +3 is a decent looking wave but its FUZZY!?? its weird, its a full wave its just fuzzy:wow: like its out of focus???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Im doing this without subwoofers hooked up so that could possibly be my prolem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

maybe these amps dont put out clean power at 2 ohm? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i think the 6v preout is the problem. just to much power to start with.

the box will be fine. ill just put a little glass on the inside. i have about 3 more layers to do... its costing a lot so i may take my time with this. the longer i take, the more glass ill put on = better box. if i do have it working by the 1st it wont be painted at all.

and yes, the amp needs a load.

my deck has a setting where it will lock the volume at half its full volume, then has a gain setting to raise its rca voltage with a "volume adjust". so you drop the total volume of the unit then set volume adjust to +12 (max) and i get a clean signal to subs with subvolume from -6 all the way to +5 then after +5 i clip on the deck's rca's. So with no clipping on the rca's of the deck what so ever. And the amp turned all the way down, i have to lower my headunit voltage (from the rca's) by lowering the sub level to 0. At 0 with the amp gain all the way down its clean, +1 sub level (clean on the deck) is clean +2 is a weird start of a hard clip...it square waves on corner of the wave, +3 is a decent looking wave but its FUZZY!?? its weird, its a full wave its just fuzzy:wow: like its out of focus???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Im doing this without subwoofers hooked up so that could possibly be my prolem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

maybe these amps dont put out clean power at 2 ohm? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
your runnin them @ 2 ohms? lol that might be the problem if your runnin them @ 2ohms + impendance rise you will not be getting much power out of the amp, but who knows:confused:

my subs are alot more efficient than a conventional driver, but i do have a weak coil in one, i can hear it at 1 watt, but it sounds fine when bumping, ones still gotta break in, we are changing the box tuning tomorrow, 41hz=unloading the feck out of the drivers. but covering 2 ports and having one 6" aero per sub for 28hz = retarded amount of port velocity and actually chokes the woofers. So since my coils and tinsel leads wont be able to take 4kw rms, we are going to tune low to make sure i dont unload them, then when i toast a coil on them im going to rebuild and hopefully get 2 more to throw in the box. 4 18's will be able to dissapate the heat better and ive me more wiring options....just have to get FI to sell me 2 18" tc baskets :O

so i may just have to buy 2 dc lvl4's to get though autorama if i kill my neo monsters...

bump for i want to hear someone loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyone else interested in going?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.