Batttery ?

smokeoff
10+ year member

here's my 3 cents
Cambria,WI
I was wondering is their a battery out their that is designed to run subs off of but can be used as a regular battery. Also about how much does it cost to get a higher power alternator installed(alternator+labor) so I can get a bigger amp and be able to run it.

i think you need an amplifier cuz you need to send the signal to a subwoofer to play the note or tone. A battery, will send energy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif this is why you might need an amplifier for subs.

hooking up a sub to a battery, i dont know it that does anything but i'm certain it won't play anything.

Check into Optima batteries. They have batteries designed for starting/accessories and for accessories only. As for price, I'm not sure but I think I've seen them for about $200+. Check out http://www.optimabatteries.com. As for alternators, it depends on if you want a slightly more powerful alternator or a high output alternator. You can get your alt rewound for less $100. A new alt will go for about $200 - $400. Installation is not too hard to do yourself. If you have a shop do it figure about $65 per hour labor and depending on your vehicle 1-2 hours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smokeoff

10+ year member
here's my 3 cents
smokeoff
Cambria,WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date