Batterys

Participant count
  • Participant list
The issue with regular lithiums like LiFepo4's, like solar batteries you see, LiFepo4 batteries is they have 25-50, 100 or 200 BMS control units on them which is fine if you don't expect to exceed the burst rate they are rated for. For instance, a $250 100ah LiFepo4 from Litime will give you enough burst current up to 285A but only for about 5-7 seconds before the BMS kicks in an limits it to prevent damage to the lithium bank. That's because they are not geared to audio but are fine with systems that draw less than continuous BMS rating. The Glow or other Lithium Titanate batteries are designed without those limitations in mind. Start with the amount of wattage it will cover then get the most storage you can afford in that range that is tailored to the use. If you don't need off motor hours, then any really good lithium abnl that provides enough continuous power is fine. The series 1 is better capacity and good output, the 2 is for greater output and about half the reserve and the 3 is what I deem a competition bank, balls to the walls power but little reserve. If you only need support for a 5000 watt system, no need for the series 2 or 3. Keep in mind that you can get all of it if you want to plunk down serius cash and get 4 of any of them in a series parallel configuration, but why would you unless you have a 50000 watt system and 4 alternators, which you don;t. :)
Okay cool thank you this is all so confusing

The issue with regular lithiums like LiFepo4's, like solar batteries you see, LiFepo4 batteries is they have 25-50, 100 or 200 BMS control units on them which is fine if you don't expect to exceed the burst rate they are rated for. For instance, a $250 100ah LiFepo4 from Litime will give you enough burst current up to 285A but only for about 5-7 seconds before the BMS kicks in an limits it to prevent damage to the lithium bank. That's because they are not geared to audio but are fine with systems that draw less than continuous BMS rating. The Glow or other Lithium Titanate batteries are designed without those limitations in mind. Start with the amount of wattage it will cover then get the most storage you can afford in that range that is tailored to the use. If you don't need off motor hours, then any really good lithium bank that provides enough continuous power is fine. The series 1 is better capacity and good output, the 2 is for greater output and about half the reserve and the 3 is what I deem a competition bank, balls to the walls power but little reserve. If you only need support for a 5000 watt system, no need for the series 2 or 3. Keep in mind that you can get all of it if you want to plunk down serius cash and get 4 of any of them in a series parallel configuration, but why would you unless you have a 50000 watt system and 4 alternators, which you don;t. :)
And since they are all the same price, get the one that fits the overall need.

Hey, I've spent the better part of the last year trying to figure out what I need in regards to battery power too, it is confusing, and its really hard to get the info, even from the battery people themselves!
I'm probably gonna gi with the series 2 has it's over 5k continuous on 12 v or I might get the series 3 and have the extra leg room for 8k continuous bc I never play my system without the cat running anyways bc one time I did and let's just say had to get my buddy to do a country tow back so we could charge the battery's 🤣🤣

I'm probably gonna gi with the series 2 has it's over 5k continuous on 12 v or I might get the series 3 and have the extra leg room for 8k continuous bc I never play my system without the cat running anyways bc one time I did and let's just say had to get my buddy to do a country tow back so we could charge the battery's 🤣🤣
Engage them on FB, they have a great page and will help you make that decision too.

Thank you I just messaged him and he already replied he said if I kept stock battery get 2 of the series 3. If I upgrade to agm battery in the front I'll only need one

Thank you I just messaged him and he already replied he said if I kept stock battery get 2 of the series 3. If I upgrade to agm battery in the front I'll only need one
Yep, kinda what I said initially, wasn't sure on the end game for the Glow unit. That sounds like a plan! They are pretty cool and super knowledgeable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Mr FaceCaser

CarAudio.com Regular
Mr FaceCaser
Charlotte
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views