Battery terminal standard bolt vs secondary bolt. Power loss?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mdbrill2

Hi, I am about to install a marine deep cycle battery and have a question about the terminals. This battery has the standard, thick, battery bolt. Then it has the secondary bolt, with nut, that can be used. It has a smaller surface area. If I use only the secondary bolt will I suffer power loss? The main bolt is thicker so I am wondering if it allows a better and more powerful connection.

7892453c-9a64-4990-bdac-052c4c945bb2_1.d1d6bf09f21a4bcddba077583fd9a32d.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't mke a difference.

If that's the exact battery you plan to install, DO NOT put it in your trunk. It's not a sealed AGM and it will vent poisonous gas into your car

The battery should be rated the same for each connection point as long as youre using the recommended size eyelet for the stud and a washer on top of the eyelet. I have a post battery in my truck, but all the batteries we deal with at work are studs and we never use the posts on the ones with posts and studs. If its good enough for a fortune 500 company in an industrial setting its good enough for your car. Also dont use that specific battery unless you provide proper venting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mdbrill2

mdbrill2
Detroit, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
imsickofweed