Battery Terminal Ideas - 94' Honda Civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

scoob8000
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just getting started on my new beater. A 94' Civic.

I need to come up with a battery terminal solution for the following connections:

1 - Stock 8ga to fuse box

2 - Stock 4ga to starter

3 - Added 4ga to alternator

4 - Added 4ga to amps

I also need a spot to connect a couple small ring terminals for other accessories (10-12ga).

All I can come up with is a stock style clamp and a butt load of ring terminals going in all directions. :/

I need to come up with a battery terminal solution for the following connections:

2 - Stock 4ga to starter

4 - Added 4ga to amps

I also need a spot to connect a couple small ring terminals for other accessories (10-12ga).

All I can come up with is a stock style clamp and a butt load of ring terminals going in all directions. :/
i'd do a 0 gauge from battery to a distribution bar and use 0 gauge to ground the battery and engine to chassis.

2 - Stock 4ga to starter

4 - Added 4ga to amps

Does your battery have threaded top posts that you can remove, or does it have studs sticking above the battery?

You can simply use a piece of copper/aluminum buss bar and drill as many holes in it as you have ring terminals to attach. One of the other members here did that with his front battery. IIRC it was Kinetik HC1400.

Does your battery have threaded top posts that you can remove, or does it have studs sticking above the battery?
It's just got the standard ol' slugs sticking up (non-removable). I'm not doing anything crazy with this one, so stock battery for now too.

Does anyone make some sort of under hood bus bar or distro block that you know of, or am I looking to fabricate my own? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[edit]

Perhaps something like this, but with a cover to prevent acidental shorting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ebay link

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

scoob8000

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
scoob8000
Steelers Nation
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date