Battery suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scathed

My system is in a 2002 f150 4.6L single cab. One SA-12 powered by Hifonics BRX 1116.1 wired to 1 ohm, but I may be going with more power or adding a second amp in the future to power the speakers. Anyways, I will be needing a new battery soon to go under the hood. Should I look for something specific or just get a standard battery? I'm a newb when it comes to batteries lol

all batteries are made by a few single manufacturers, a quality rebadged AGM battery will do just as well as their top dollar brother.

is your stock battery AGM or lead? never run different types of batteries in parallel or series, if your current battery is lead acid you must either replace it with an AGM or use a second lead acid battery.

I bought a Deka 55ah from a member on here for a great price and it's the same as my duracell AGM. I have them in parallel. FYI when you have two batteries, you must run a fuse within 18 inches of each battery.

I'm only interested in buying one battery to go under the hood to replace what's in there at the moment. Do you suggest AGM over lead batteries or does it not matter?

got a little carried away with it then, thought you were looking for a second battery.

id recommend AGM over lead, and I'd recommend a dual post battery. Makes installation a lot easier. Sams club sells dual post duracell AGM's for around $140, my friend was nice enough to let me use his membership

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Scathed

Scathed
Dayton, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Scathed