battery question

Participant count
  • Participant list

dvldogyut
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
loretto, tn
i am in need of another battery, i think. i am going to be running 2/0 power cables, to a distro box then slpit it to two ed nine.1's, pushing four incriminator 187 series 12's. i have never bought another battery for a setup before and need some advise on what i am looking for in a battery.

if i run another batt im going to run two cables one pos and one neg to the rear batt, then the amps off the rear batt, and grounded back to the batt. if this helps.

A little more info please.
Stock alt or HO? How much amperage?

What is your current battery?

What is your budget?
stock evrything right now, and as far as budget looking for something on the cheaper side.

stock evrything right now, and as far as budget looking for something on the cheaper side.
You're not gonna find any of that for cheap. You're gonna have to save up then buy what you want.

Better to do it right the first time.

You're not gonna find any of that for cheap. You're gonna have to save up then buy what you want.
Better to do it right the first time.
ok, but i have no idea what i need or am looking for when it comes to batteries, this is my first bigger setup where i actually need this stuff.

not bad batteries, not great for car audio either but they are self venting so dont use it in the interior.
check out my build pics, i would love to have a smaller battery to lay on its side under my sub box, maybe two if needed, i have roughly 8" of room to mount one vertically.

or would i be better off with one big batt under the hood to replace my stock one?

Asking for help is only good up to a certain piont. To Really get into things, you got to do the leg work yourself...

Get that search button going.

Once you got a list of everything you think is good. let us know and we'll tell ya if it's good or not....or else you will start a thread war of which stuff is better than the other.

not bad batteries, not great for car audio either but they are self venting so dont use it in the interior.
my batts are great for car audio use the valve regulation is just a precaution almost all of the "car audio" batteries are made the same way do some real research before posting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.