battery power question

crunch5868
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok so im wiring up my system and i have a deka intimidator that i was going to put in my trunk but I would have to buy more 1/0 wire and connectors and another fuse to wire the second battery. Would i be okay just putting the deka in front in place of my regular car batt., would that give me sufficient power?

my setup is: an audioque 2200d running to 2 pioneer ts-w3001d4's (1000 watts rms) at one ohm. all kicker 1/0 gauge wire. my batt is a deka intimidator 9A31:

# BCI Group Size : 31

# Voltage : 12

# Cold Cranking Amps @ 0° F : 800

# Cranking Amps @ 32° F : 1000

# Reserve Capacity Minutes : 190

# Amp Hour (20 Hour Rate) : 100

im not going all out like competition style or anything its just daily driving.

And the weaker of the two batts will pull the other one down with it, inturn the alt has to work harder to charge two batts therefore if it is really to much then the alt will eventually burn up

either another battery as well as the deka

or a stronger alternator

...power it up and find out

the deka could b alrite

wut kinda car is it going in?

And the weaker of the two batts will pull the other one down with it, inturn the alt has to work harder to charge two batts therefore if it is really to much then the alt will eventually burn up
hes talking about replacing the batt with the deka...can u read?

only way to really know is get a volt meter hook it up that way play the music at listening volume and see what happens to the voltage.

Can you read he is asking if he will be ok by replacing the batt up front instead of wiring them together. That = 2 batts one under the hood and one in the trunk

yeah instead of using both batterys i want to replace the stock one with the deka and only use the deka in the front. only one batt.
I love my deka..but i dont see it supported 2k unless youre very easy on the gains

ok so im wiring up my system and i have a deka intimidator that i was going to put in my trunk [/color][/u][/b][/b]but I would have to buy more 1/0 wire and connectors and another fuse to wire the second battery. Would i be okay just putting the deka in front in place of my regular car batt., would that give me sufficient power?

Can you read he is asking if he will be ok by replacing the batt up front instead of wiring them together. That = 2 batts one under the hood and one in the trunk
thanks for the help but.... no lol. im talking about only putting one under the hood, the deka, thats all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

crunch5868

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
crunch5868
413, Massachusetts
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date