Battery help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Keeper
10+ year member

I'm in the process of looking for the battery that is right for my set up. I have a dc audio level 4 with with 5 soft parts 18 on a memphis mojo 16 2000d in a toyota camry 96'. I will be doing a run of audio technixs cca 0 gauge to the back for it with the big three upgrade. It will be on a stock 80 amp alternator for now. Thanks for the help!

haha I agree you will not be able to properly manage that kind of power with that alternator. I would replace the primary battery first with something that fits from XS or Kinetik. Then I would say run OFC instead of CCA wires for your run and Big 3. A new alt means you more than likely will not need a second battery but if you want one, get something like the Kinetik 1800 for the back. To get some prices on alts try DCpower or Mechman

Op, you should worry more about your alt! An xtra battery will only help so much.. Big 3 upgrade will be needed along with a bigger alt for optimum results! :)

you could buy a battery charger and plug in the car every night, to recharge your batteries. your stock alt won't do diddly squat to keep them batteries charged unless you keep a volt meter at the dash and make sure you reach 14V on a regular basis, and when the car is off the batteries are at 12.8V or more (system off).

before you add a battery, replace your main battery. then any additional batteries should be identical. adding a new battery in addition to an older battery will cause the new battery to discharge into the older battery, they will try to be the same voltage, weakening both and shortening their lives.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.