Battery help with q1-1200

Participant count
  • Participant list
My aq 1200.1 did around 1300rms at 13.9v. I had it on a stock 85amp alt and stock front battery, then a kinetic hc2400 in the trunk. All 0 audiotechnix wiring also. Was amazing and never got hot. Powered my aq hdc3 15 d2 perfectly. Great buy. It'll definitely do rated power at least, you wont have to worry about that.

My aq 1200.1 did around 1300rms at 13.9v. I had it on a stock 85amp alt and stock front battery, then a kinetic hc2400 in the trunk. All 0 audiotechnix wiring also. Was amazing and never got hot. Powered my aq hdc3 15 d2 perfectly. Great buy. It'll definitely do rated power at least, you wont have to worry about that.
I fully trust the amp does it's rated power, I was just wondering if my 12v battery would allow it to put out these numbers!

you'll have slightly less than 1200wrms at 1 ohme IMO, if you tell us a little more about your battery we can give your some more info....

you'll have slightly less than 1200wrms at 1 ohme IMO, if you tell us a little more about your battery we can give your some more info....
It is an EverStart 86-3

Cold cranking amps 525

I couldn't really find much more info on it. I couldn't find a link to it online.

Would it be bad for my system if I didn't get a new battery and do the big 3? I'm trying not to spend anymore than I already am.
Go ahead and do the big 3 and get a digital volt meter and mount it in the car and monitor voltage ..if.its dipping into low 12s then yea id upgrade the battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.