Battery - Alternator HELP

pcm regulation will not cause your battery light to come on when your using a stock plug. It will not cause your voltage to die at idle but be fine at cruising speed.
Your on the right track but your missing some key symptoms.

On several gm vehicles if you just trick the light sensor to keep the lights on all the time it'll keep you above 14.0v and wont throw a charging system error code, which some vehicles do if you bypass pcm regulation.
im not saying.that the pulley doesnt need.to be changed im saying.he will still have the pcm symptoms once he gets it straigtened out

im not saying.that the pulley doesnt need.to be changed im saying.he will still have the pcm symptoms once he gets it straigtened out
i don't think anyone is arguing that pcm regulation type symptoms wont occur.

I think we're all on the same page though, now.

i don't think anyone is arguing that pcm regulation type symptoms wont occur.
I think we're all on the same page though, now.
Voltage fine. Batt light still on. Founders right nasty. Now how I get rid of it

sometimes it took mine 15-30 minutes to drop from 14.5 to 12.9
Sat in drive with break ac on and voltage stayed where it should for like ten mins. I need to get rid of this battight though. Ill be driving soon but I think voltage is fine now

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Isles 14.7 and with ac break on stereo off 14.3

Sat in drive with break ac on and voltage stayed where it should for like ten mins. I need to get rid of this battight though. Ill be driving soon but I think voltage is fine now 

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Isles 14.7 and with ac break on stereo off 14.3
like i said if u get the batt light off u might drop down to 13 while driving like its suppose to do...if it stays at 14.7 after driving a while i would leave it alone ...u might have tricked the computer to keep the alt fully charging

Voltage fine. Batt light still on. Founders right nasty. Now how I get rid of it

you can probably pull the neg battery terminal for 15 minutes or so to reset the computer to have it go away. it's probably just a cel that needs to clear.

Edit: you could just wait a day or so of driving it and wait for it to go away. if its charging good now i wouldn't be too concerne.d

you can probably pull the neg battery terminal for 15 minutes or so to reset the computer to have it go away. it's probably just a cel that needs to clear.
Edit: you could just wait a day or so of driving it and wait for it to go away. if its charging good now i wouldn't be too concerne.d
voltage stayed fine whole drive home around 14.7-14.9, half hour drive, stopped at harveys and it dropped to 14.5 lowest while in drive through so all seems to be fine, sounds normal and everything except if i accelerate really fast 3000+rpm it makes like a VRR and i feel a TINY vibration in the peddle, im not sure if this is normal, it may be with h.o alts.

anyways i unplugged my neg terminal and am eating my harveys, i will plug it back in in like a half hour and see what happens.

thanks both of yas much appreciated

voltage stayed fine whole drive home around 14.7-14.9, half hour drive, stopped at harveys and it dropped to 14.5 lowest while in drive through so all seems to be fine, sounds normal and everything except if i accelerate really fast 3000+rpm it makes like a VRR and i feel a TINY vibration in the peddle, im not sure if this is normal, it may be with h.o alts.anyways i unplugged my neg terminal and am eating my harveys, i will plug it back in in like a half hour and see what happens.

thanks both of yas much appreciated
p.s my buddy got the belt, it wasnt made for my car, but same amount of ribs, and the guy told him it was just shy of an inch shorter, ( although they kkinda looked the same matched up) either way it fixed my voltage issue.

exactly id leave it alone if its staying that high ...i wouldnt risk the conputer kicking in if u clear the code

light still on.. what else could it be.. alternator made a wierd noise when i turned the key before i started it too, voltage staying past 14.5

^^^^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.