Battery - Alternator HELP

Okay, i just figured it came with a big one so why not try it.. my 110 stock alt idled and drove around 14 v and dropped 13.5 when bass hit, if i change the pulley will this idle like its supposed to..
nasty thinks otherwise.. really mind boggling and FRUSTRATING
All other things the same, changing the pulley will increase the alternator's rpm's at idle. That may not be your problem but I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the smaller pulley, in general you will get more output at idle.

All other things the same, changing the pulley will increase the alternator's rpm's at idle. That may not be your problem but I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the smaller pulley, in general you will get more output at idle.

well im sure hoping it is the problem... :mad:

thing.about the smaller pulley is.u might need a smaller belt. cause u might have some slippage due to higher spin rate

yes i will be looking for a 1" smaller belt , I REALLY HOPE THIS FIXES IT.

Its your battery sorry to say go to oriellys and get a batt and alt test it wouldnt matter if you change the pulley why you think it comes with bothgo get a load test and also , when you installed the alt did you upgrade the charging wire to 4 gauge with a 150 amp fuse? Major must

Its your battery sorry to say go to oriellys and get a batt and alt test it wouldnt matter if you change the pulley why you think it comes with bothgo get a load test and also , when you installed the alt did you upgrade the charging wire to 4 gauge with a 150 amp fuse? Major must
no its not he just got.the batt 2 days ago smdh ...

I got a battery 2 days ago and its doin the exact same thing to me I got it tested today and it read bad cell im takin it back to get a new one smdh start with a load test it can read what you cant see smdh

If it was PCM controlled he would have noticed it BEFORE installing the new alt. He said it was fine before the swap. Stock case rewound alt needs the smaller pulley as it has no output at idle.

I've installed a few DC alts on 05 Impalas and they were not PCM controlled. 14.9v all day at idle....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.