Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I currently have two HC1400s. One in back and one in front.

Should I just add another HC800 or hc1400? I'm running around 3000 rms with a 175amp alternator.

I was thinking of replacing the hc1400 in the back with an hc2400 or change everything to batcap.

Any suggestions? The kinetiks are pretty heavy and if the batcaps will make a huge weigh difference then i'm willing to replace both hc1400s.

I currently have two HC1400s. One in back and one in front.
Should I just add another HC800 or hc1400? I'm running around 3000 rms with a 175amp alternator.

I was thinking of replacing the hc1400 in the back with an hc2400 or change everything to batcap.

Any suggestions? The kinetiks are pretty heavy and if the batcaps will make a huge weigh difference then i'm willing to replace both hc1400s.
Which batcaps? The difference in weight between a batcap 2000 and a kinetik 1400 is what 4 lbs?

i was comparing the batcap 2000 and the hc2400
Everyone I know who has luck with smaller lower Ah batteries either run several or has a pretty big alt to cover most of everything. 170 amp alt on 3000 watts IMO I would want more Ah.

Everyone I know who has luck with smaller lower Ah batteries either run several or has a pretty big alt to cover most of everything. 170 amp alt on 3000 watts IMO I would want more Ah.
I was going to get another hc1400, but im not sure if that'll make a big difference. it it doesn't, then i would rather just upgrade the batteries. i will probably be getting a bigger alternator from mechman later on.

I will be getting a new alternator from Mechman that does 220amp at max output and 120amp on idle.

I have a buyer for one of my HC1400 and maybe a friend will buy my other HC1800.

Right now, I am looking for the least amount of batteries I need to have. Weight is also a factor, but not a big factor. I would like to keep the weigh down a bit.

I was thinking of a HC1800 in the front and a HC2400 or a Batcap 3000 in the trunk.

Is an isolator required? Some have said yes and some have said they're useless.

I will be getting a new alternator from Mechman that does 220amp at max output and 120amp on idle.I have a buyer for one of my HC1400 and maybe a friend will buy my other HC1800.

Right now, I am looking for the least amount of batteries I need to have. Weight is also a factor, but not a big factor. I would like to keep the weigh down a bit.

I was thinking of a HC1800 in the front and a HC2400 or a Batcap 3000 in the trunk.

Is an isolator required? Some have said yes and some have said they're useless.
I wouldn't run an iso, but then again I keep an eye on my batts.

I wouldn't run an iso, but then again I keep an eye on my batts.
yea forget the isolator, im not going to waste my money on it nor do i have time to install one.

just looking for new batts right now.

Kinetik's calculator suggested 3 HC1800s, one in front and 2 in back.....hmm

Most car batteries are lead-acid type with six cells. Each cell is made up of plates of lead and separate plates of lead oxide, which are submerged into solution sulfuric acid and water. This is nothing like a AA battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.