bass knob not working

Participant count
  • Participant list
to be honest bro u shouldnt use a bass nob...there not a volume knob for the bass they are a gain adjuster. u will either end up killing ur amps from the gain to high or blow ur subs from clipping

if it is broken im warning u now to not worry about it and leave it and set ur gains with a DMM and only control ur bass from ur head unit.

too many times have i seen guys with out the electrical support running remote bass knobs like its there headunits volume and will end up asking why did my stuff die or cuts out...

i already set the gains with the dmm. i know yoy gotta turn the knob all the way up before setting it cause of the ac voltage. they arent bad if you know what your doing. i ask a lot of questions on here cause you guys know your stuff but im def not the type of guy that turns his gain up 3/4 of the way thinking 3/4 of 1500 is 900 lol

i already set the gains with the dmm. i know yoy gotta turn the knob all the way up before setting it cause of the ac voltage. they arent bad if you know what your doing. i ask a lot of questions on here cause you guys know your stuff but im def not the type of guy that turns his gain up 3/4 of the way thinking 3/4 of 1500 is 900 lol
ok then man but if u set ur gains with a DMM then leave it...all ur doing is changing the gains with the remote wether u lower it or raise it it will not be set at all....but to each is his own and u should use the Rockford one

my headunit doesnt have bass control, or atleast i cant figure it out. a bass knob is fine, if it wasnt then no one would run one. get the rf knob like you need.
what head unit are u running because i find that hard to believe.....and there not fine 90% of the time.......its just to get people thinking its the bass control/boost and not the gain......

lol like i said though im not dumb with it. ill set the gains again with the dmm when i get a working knob. its good for when your riding with someone who wants a little bass not a ton and a knob does that. im not trying to get 500 more watts out of my amp im simply using it to play it quieter when i need to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.