Bass blockers

not trying to offend but if your a novice...maybe you should wait before going active......or get someone who can help you do your active set up that knows what they are doing

quick google came up with this video. which is a nice quick into to active

and no you wouldnt need bass blockers because the crossover points would be set at the amp, dsp, or active capable deck.

I'm a novice, planning to go active... are bass blockers for my tweets something you guys recommend for or against?
Any specific problems associated with them?

What cut off frequency is most suitable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yeah basically u need 80prs hu is what many active guys here use..

[quote name='HardcoreBob']I'm a novice, planning to go active... are bass blockers for my tweets something you guys recommend for or against?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Pioneer 80 PRS is the HU boner right now for going active. @Jeffdachef can give more in depth details better than me about going active.

yeah basically u need 80prs hu is what many active guys here use..
he's doing an DSR1 dsp. way more advanced than an 80 prs. Steep learning curve but doesnt really take a rocket scientist to figure out.

I'm a novice, planning to go active... are bass blockers for my tweets something you guys recommend for or against?

Already said many times to just start off at 3000hz for the mid low pass and high highpass -12 db or -24 db.

With an actual high pass to the tweeter, you'll never even play anything close to bass, anything moderately close to midbass or bass frequencies already completely cut off and eliminated from the signal going to the tweeter. It means that Bass blockers will just be a complete waste of money because its trying to block frequencies that aren't even there in the first place. utterly useless.

If you want an extra saftey measure your amp's high pass crossover is already a bass blocker. Why the fk would you need to spend more on anything else?

bass blockers and active are oxymorons. Bass blockers are passive crossover (x-overs after amplified) components stripped down to their raw components and active crossovers are x-overs that filter frequencies before theyre amplified thereby eliminating the need for bass blockers/passive x-overs if the frequencies are set correctly. Listen to Jeff on the finite details, he knows his stuff

Good points... it's clear now.

I tried to contact crutchfield to tell them to skip the training wheels[emoji23], but my order is on the way $9 lesson...

The points you both made, made it crystal clear though... should have been clear already, but the particular analogies and wording cleared the fog.[emoji1306]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.