Basic SQL question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gabzor

So my car had a full system.. it sounds a little cleaner, has alot more bass than regular cars.. but just speakerwise..

I heard my girl's 2000 H&K system in her bmw 323i..

and I heard alot of the new Mitsubishi Evo X's and Mercedes C300s.

They sound ALOT better than my system.. just lacking the bass, but speakerwise I'm blown away..

Is it because I'm coming from a crappy amp/cheap speaker setup?

I'd probably never go focals because I can't afford it, but I like the quality of infinity speakers.. just wish their a little louder (or maybe its cause i got the cheap ones)

I asked a good shop in my area whats a good amp in terms of SQL, and he says I can't go wrong with rockford fosgate.. lets say I did change my system to rockford speakers/amp.. would it sound ALOT better than my current system or just a little different? I mean in levels of crispness and stuff.. I heard a system with just headunit/and some cheap kenwoods and it still was pretty crisp.. mine was a tad better though..

How would it compare in SQL compared to modern sound systems in Mercedes, Etc?

if you can afford cars like these what the hack. get bettter speakers.jk. Well you need to run a amp on your infinity speakers might be why they are not loud enough. friend of mine has some in his truck and he have power it up with a head unit/ HU wasn't pushing thoes speaker at a higher sound because it take alot more powered to power it up.they were a tad higher from rockford fosgate in the back. He had to lower the sound the back to even the sound for the fornt stage.The infinity was the fornt stage. What kind of a infinity speakers are these? do you know the model? you might not can tell the different between the two speakers from rockford fosgate. maybe in the highs note as from infinity. But the rockford fosgate will be louder comparing in watts. Do you have a amp runing into the infinity speaker?What speaker system does the Mercedes have?

Gabzor.......While I can appreciate the fact that you dig high quality sound,it blows me away still when I hear a great system

you however have no clue what the heck you are talking about .....There is not ONE car mfg than can produce a stunning

audio system from the factory NOT ONE !

Keep on surfing dood,learn more about SQ and then lay down some smack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.