bandpass doesnt sound right

Participant count
  • Participant list

VW GTI VW

CT
ok,

I am barrowing a bandpass system from my friend. its got some beat ass mtx terminator 12's in them and ive got a question concerning the fiberglass plate on the front. On certain bass frequencies the fiberglass panel seems to rattle Now the screws that are holding the fiberglass plate on are very tight. i know that because i get them extremely tight until I strip the allen head and wrench.

Could it be that i need a new rubber suround or the fiberglass panel actually in fact isnt screwed down tight enough because im stripping the wrench until it can be tightned to the fullest or is it because the speakers are horrible.

Now somthing seemed to solve my problem by cutting a piece of 2x4 that i wedged in between the inside of my trunk to the very middle of the fiberglass panel. The result was great lol. I didnt hear the rattle anymore. But the craziest thing is that i could swear that screws are tight enough. maybe I can get thicker BOLTS instead and redrill the holes on the fiberglass panel so I can get more pounds of torque to make the fiberglass panel even tighter. Im sort of leaning twords that option.

Well it sounds to me that the plexi isnt thick enough. How thick is it? Because when u put the wood in the middle of the span it stops, so its spanning to far for the thickness of the plexi. If u want to keep the box the best solution (or should I say cheapest) would be to do like you did with the wood but make it look better by carpeting the block. Depending on the shape of the panel I'd replace it with a thicker piece of plexi but thats the more expensive way 2 go. Good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

NP

That's what it sounds like. THe plexi panel is flexing. You might also try putting some weather stripping around the edge of the plexi panel before mounting it. It won't stop the flexing, but it should take care of the rattling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The thickness of the plexiglass is 3/4 of an inch so im pretty sure it cant be the plexiglass. The sound is also coming through my port holes so i can just glue those down really tight.

so is it possible though that my bolts holding down the plexiglass not torqued down enough? I mean there allen bolts that are striped.

Hey I'm having that problem with a friends bandpass box...of course he has a pre-fab Q-Logic bandpass with the plexi on the front...its funny because you put a lot of weight on the top of the box it sounds good at high volumes, but! When there is no weight on it and you turn it up it starts sounding like crap, vibrates a lot, and it almost seems like the subs cant perform as well as they do with the weight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.