bandpass box?

xj-jeep
10+ year member

Hey i'm new to audio, right now i'm just running 2 cheap dual 12" subs in a ported box with a 550 watt scosche amp.. I'm looking at getting 2 12" jbl's in a bandpass box with a rockford fosgate 1500 watt amp. Are bandpass box's any good? And are jbl subs any good? I'm going to trade the guy my setup with $100 for his if his hits decent..

Alright i traded, thanks for the advice. The jbl's **** though. Maybe i just need to do a little more tuning but it seems like they don't handle any power and my duals were louder. Any tips on that?

try a ported box. i had 2 older jbls in a bandpass and it sounded like ****. put them in a ported box and completly changed the way they sounded

alright ill try and find one or build one.. sad thing is my subs i just traded were in a ported box and he didn't wanna keep his box. right now the jbls wont hold hits it kinda hits then fades out... whats a good size ported box for these?

First of all, get rid of that POS bandpass. I know a kid I used to go to school with that had 4 12's in Dual bandpass boxes and it absolutely sounded like complete ***. He used to talk about how loud he was until I put him in his place and showed him what a real system was. I honestly doubt he was hitting above 130 dB. Go ported and tune it to 32hz and you will be amazed.

wait a sec. you said at 1st it was a RF 1500, not a RF 500. so you traded 2subs and a 50watt less amp. (possibly more depending how it's wired) now you're wonderng why it's not as loud? the deal was worth it if you got a RF 1500, not worth it with the 500.

please tell me i read something wrong here.

Is it one of those POS prefabricated bandpass enclosures? If so, those generally ѕuck major aѕѕ! You'd be better off building the proper enclosure for the JBL subs, once you figure out what model they are!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.