bad alternator?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xxvicman

i have a 130A alt and im wanting to get a 280A but i dont have the money right now so im making do, anyway all music aside when i crank my car up the voltage gauge is more than half then when i drive for about 5 min the gauge drops below half, like almost all the way down. is there something wrong with my alternator? its never done that before.

i have a kinetik 1800 in the front and the big 3 was done a long time ago

oh yea let me go to the tree in the back yard and pick some money off of it and buy a bigger alt hahaha jkjk....i just wanna know if the alt is goin to give out or not and if any one else has experience this

not the same problem but my voltage randomly dropped from 13.8 to the low 12's one day. car cranked up fine and I drove to and back from work for 3 days while noticing it just dropping from the 12's to 11 to 10 until one day car finally died. i figured it was the alternator and put in an order for one.

well you could always do the real easy test, take it to autozone or similar and have them test it and the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.