back after 3 year ban

200-250 amp alt. will replace the stock 140 amp alt. as well. box design is undetermined at the moment. may go sealed, may go ported, who knows....

Ok...i get it now....we are getting the **** trolled out of us
Do you even listen to metal, or rock? If you did you would know that subs don't sound like drums, and there is no sub that can replicate the sound of double bass without sounding like ****.

Do you even listen to metal, or rock? If you did you would know that subs don't sound like drums, and there is no sub that can replicate the sound of double bass without sounding like ****.
Your naivete is shining through.

Buying subs for SQ is the dumbest thing you can do in car audio. It's so overrated. I'm not saying go buy some shitty Pyle or anything, but i don't see how anyone can hear the difference in the way a sub sounds. Y'all must have good ears rofl.
it doesnt take good ears to hear the difference in subs, certain subs hit higher notes better than others n some hit lower notes better than others, plus it depends on ur enclosure design, port area, how well the enclosure is put together, a badly built box will sound the same wit every sub cuz all u hear is the box vibratin n port noise, build a strong enclosure wit a slot/aero port n round out/flare the port then try a few different subs in ur vehicle, guarentee u will notice a difference between each sub, n make sure u throw enough power to em too, a babys gotta eat ya kno, n every1 i kno i gotta type R but im proud of that thing, im thrown 1300 watts rms at that 12 n even wen its bein clipped its not stinkin at all, i can set off a car alarm wit it too, its doin its job for a $100 sub

I don't see what is fail about that statement. Anybody who listen to metal or hard rock with subs is a moron. Use your mid bass, it sounds much better.

Wow you're a moron!! My axis 12 eats double bass pedals for breakfast. Also if you actually believe what you're saying and you listen to 99% rock why are you running a pair of arghs?

Wow you're a moron!! My axis 12 eats double bass pedals for breakfast. Also if you actually believe what you're saying and you listen to 99% rock why are you running a pair of arghs?
because i don't use subs when i listen to it, rofl. I have 2 sets of components up front, i have more than enough mid bass to satisfy my needs.

because i don't use subs when i listen to it, rofl. I have 2 sets of components up front, i have more than enough mid bass to satisfy my needs.
Two complete sets, meaning two tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mybird_91

10+ year member
wtf is wrong with u guys?
mybird_91
Staunton, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date