Baby Tarantula Problems.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Auckland
Hallo, All.

I have one of these: http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/2012/T7-10-manual.pdf

It came in a ported box, which according to my calculations, is ~1.2 CuFt^3 and tuned to around 40Hz. The tune and volume (even taking in to account displacement of sub and port) seem to be within manufacture's recommendations.

When the sound is turned up, it creates a bad flapping sound. When I put my hand over the port, it stops (or is still present, but simply concealed).

Tinsel leads/wires are not loose. No tears in cone or rubber surround. Nothing loose inside the box.

There's no stuffing. I was about to put some in, but thought I should get some advice on this first.

Any ideas on things to check?

It seems to be built (almost) exactly to Soundstream specs. Maybe I also try to be more precise with amplifier settings.

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_064419.jpg
    IMG_20201008_064419.jpg
    907.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20201008_064343.jpg
    IMG_20201008_064343.jpg
    979.5 KB · Views: 87
Thats a port allright... But to be fair id use it to pass the computer wiring thru my desk... All those wires I got MIGHT fit in there. It would be better anyways with the inner flare but still will lack area.
Small box + small port makes lower usually tuning possible at the expense of output loss and possible noise. Id redo the WHOLE thing honestly.

Thats a port allright...

Thanks for the response.

I only bought it for the sub (couldn't really see the enclosure in the ad).

After looking at the Soundstream manual, I thought whoever made the box knew what they were doing. Apparently not.

I'll try a larger enclosure with lower tuning.

If the Soundstream guidelines are way off for a practical and capable enclosure, I don't know where to start.

~2 CuFt^3 @ ~30Hz?

Thanks for the response.

I only bought it for the sub (couldn't really see the enclosure in the ad).

I don't know where to start.

Without designing anything new... something like this would be a pretty big difference. I've got this old design kicking around if you'd like to try it.
CmA9FD.jpg

Just PM me your email address so I can send it to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.