Axxess ASWC

Participant count
  • Participant list

butterMilk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BC
I installed the axxess steering wheel controll in my 09 lancer, but cant seem to get it to work.

Pioneer AVH 8400BH

I hooked up the ground to ground,

12v accessory to accessory,

and the black/green wire to pin 19 on my wiring harness, just like it said to do.

One weird thing it does is it will turn the volume down like 5 notches on the deck when im trying to program it. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm. It says,

"4) Connect pin 9 of the vehicles harness to Ground." That might be what Im missing, I might have just assumed that because I grounded it I was done with grounds.

i would think you would need more than just power hookup and one more wire to get it to work . my nissan requires two wires in addition to the power hookup
Every vehicle is different some vehicles require 4 wires some require 1 it varies.

Op you need to ground pin 9 in the vehicle harness as well. Your steering wheel control system is resistance based and requires a ground reference input to output the correct resistance for the ASWC to learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

butterMilk

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
butterMilk
BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date