awfull sound in my car - based on my setup or ? How to improve it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
Hello people happy holidays,

i got problem as you know i bought recently Sony amplifier exact model is

SONY XM-GTX6040 the problem is

its very weak and low my car audio now sounds extremely awluf weak, no bass nothing, i will guide u into my set up i have this amplifier and 4 speakers, they are hertz in the front and pioneer in the back they are all fairly new,

i listen music from my iphone or my ipad,if i go with louder volume from my device sound became even worse,

Sound is very distorted it dont have any noises but its not clear it awfull terrible i can make a sound demo if someone is interested, how i can fix my car problem without any car/audio cd player?

I want to be able to listen good quality music from my phone to my car stereo speakers, thats it,

i dont need fancy car audio players, is it possible or not ?

i assume you have a cord from the headphone out of your ipad which converts to RCA and is connected to the RCA input of the amp? can you take a photo of the amp settings and post it? There are several possible issues but we need to see how the amp is setup before tossing random ideas around.

i Forgot to inform you all that i use 3.5mm aux port from my cellphone to rca which is inside my amplifier, this is my set up.

Yes you are correct , my set up is correct but sound quality is terrible some people say , its because i dont have pre-amplifier before my real amplifier thats why my sound is so crapp because 3.5mm aux is very low power .

i made a drawing of my set up.

and i attach it here .

everything is according to the manual of sony.

You can try measuring the output voltage of your rcas with a multtmeter set to ac volts with a test tone but I wouldnt be surprised if the low input voltage is making it sound that way but you can verify before spending money on a headunit

Having a good source signal is important even if it's a lower quality headunit. Bluetooth capable headunits are under $100 now and it would be easier than using a 3.5mm cable once the headunit is in

That brand of amp is notorious for having issue's with quality and actual output claims so just keep that in mind.

here in my country they steal lots of car audio players each day thats why i try to be safe without any, i also had various problems with different car audio players,

first i owned some jvc it was crap,2nd i owned clarion Dxz588rusb - first button stopped working normaly so it gave me headche everyday it was volue button so....

2nd his output 6 channel with i used with my phone they simply fallen a part , i was at autorized clarion dealer they charged me tons of money like 50$

to fix the cable and they fix it after 10 mis when i drived to my home it fallen again so i was angry and i bought,alpine x305

i had different problems with the unit, which i dont remember well,

yes i remember one usb port was some sort of broken, so i sold my alpine and i get my self

nice sony mexxb100bt, i used power from my ac car battery but even then my when i go up with the volume +++ my unit auto shut downs... i had simular issues with clarion its possible to miss some unit but i am really tired of all head units is it possible to have some quality music without head unit,simply from phone to car stereo ?

i know sony amp is crap but its even worse than all my car stereo head units...

you want to keep the iphone volume low to minimize distortion in the headphone output.

you want to increase the signal going to the amp to keep the amp gain low (to minimize noise).

you want a volume control in-line so the iphone volume is kept low.

i recommend this:

CL-RLC - Car Audio - OEM Interface - System Expansion - JL Audio

this is what my local shop uses for people who want to use only their phone as an input to an amplified system (usually on a bike). you can add a BT interface on the front end for wireless function.

here in my country they steal lots of car audio players each day thats why i try to be safe without any, i also had various problems with different car audio players,first i owned some jvc it was crap,2nd i owned clarion Dxz588rusb - first button stopped working normaly so it gave me headche everyday it was volue button so....

2nd his output 6 channel with i used with my phone they simply fallen a part , i was at autorized clarion dealer they charged me tons of money like 50$

to fix the cable and they fix it after 10 mis when i drived to my home it fallen again so i was angry and i bought,alpine x305

i had different problems with the unit, which i dont remember well,

yes i remember one usb port was some sort of broken, so i sold my alpine and i get my self

nice sony mexxb100bt, i used power from my ac car battery but even then my when i go up with the volume +++ my unit auto shut downs... i had simular issues with clarion its possible to miss some unit but i am really tired of all head units is it possible to have some quality music without head unit,simply from phone to car stereo ?

i know sony amp is crap but its even worse than all my car stereo head units...
sounds like you had a bad ground with the sony bud. Did you use thick enough wire? they say 10 gauge but i'd usually run 8 gauge power and ground for that sony directly to the battery positive and negative posts. With a proper wiring harness and connections made, I never had any issues you spoke of and i've installed a few of them. If it shuts off there's most likely a short circuit somewhere in your wiring as well.

amplifier is wired directly to my

car battery ac,

before 5 years i had amplifier in my trunk with same wire,and recently i owned sony with 400w amplifier so i never had any issues.

About this item,

i recommend this:

CL-RLC - Car Audio - OEM Interface - System Expansion - JL Audio

we dont have this in Bulgaria so i cant buy it, i never saw anything like that!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.