Avic N2 bypass, problem solved- maybe

JettaGLI
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PDX
So, I did a lot of searching and ran into a guy on sound domain who has sworn that this IS THE FIX for the avic n2. This will allow you to watch dvds and use the Nav functions without the parking break on, AND IT WILL NOT AFFECT OR DISABLE THE GYRO.

Anyone hear of this or want to try it? I am going to try it, after everything else in my car is complete, xm, new subs, and extra amp. Basically when I get board and have nothing else to do, I will do it.

Here is the conversation I had with the guy who told me about this.

ME-

I saw your post reply about making the avic N2 play dvd's and allow navigation input while driving. So I am sure here, the soldering is done on the bottom side of the head unit underneath the silver sticker, correct? Is there any disassembly of the head unit, or is it just as simple as removing a sticker like you say.

Also, concerning the parking brake wire. Simply disconnect this from the parking brake lead and ground it?

Thanks for you input, it sure would be nice to be able to input addresses while driving, not to mention watch TV or DVD's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"GUY WITH THE FIX"

Under the main unit, remove the silver sticker. You'll only see two solder joints. Drop a piece of solder in between (hopefully this isn't your 1st time soldering... especially on an expensive pc of equipment like this) to connect those two joints. Then, just splice the light green (parking brake wire) to the black (ground wire).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME-

Thanks, does this disable the gyro?

GUY WITH THE FIX

No, the gyro does not get affected. To check, you can turn your Vehicle Dynamics on and see for yourself.

The only thing that I can tell that this bypass does is that it bypasses only the safety features.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME-

Thanks, how many units have you done this on? How did you find out about it?

Sorry about all the questions, but I really don't want to mess with a 2k piece of equipment without being totally sure. Thanks.

GUY WITH THE FIX

I've only done it on a couple of units of N2's and 5 D1. I have some friends on the inside.

ME-

Cool. Thanks for all your info! One last question, just to clarify, there is no toggle switch involved, or no messages on the screen to deal with?

GUY WITH THE FIX

No toggle switches. You will still get one message in the beginning stating that watching dvd's while driving is dangerous and you're braking brake has been turned on, off, on do you confirm? Then you press yes or no.

You probably used to get a message at the beginning saying that it detected an improper parking brake connection.

That was the end of our conversation. If anyone has any info on this, has tried it, or is on thier way out to rip their deck out and try it as we speak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif , please let me know.

The nav works, however, a lot of the functions are disabled, like entering in new destinations and the such.

Anyone try this yet? I basically got it confirmed from a pioneer tech guy the other day over the phone. He wouldn't tell me in exact words, but did tell me in other words this is the fix. He also mentioned sales have gone up dramatically.

I am going to do it as soon as the new screws arrive that attach the HU to the dash ( I stripped mine taking them out with a large screwdriver). Plus I need to hook up Xm, and I have 2 12w6v2's on the way. I figure I will just have a complete day of upgrading.

Anyone else know of this?

There is an easy way to bypass according to my friend. He said just use the older pioneer navigation disc, not the one that came with avic-n2.

Anyone try this yet? I basically got it confirmed from a pioneer tech guy the other day over the phone. He wouldn't tell me in exact words, but did tell me in other words this is the fix. He also mentioned sales have gone up dramatically.
I am going to do it as soon as the new screws arrive that attach the HU to the dash ( I stripped mine taking them out with a large screwdriver). Plus I need to hook up Xm, and I have 2 12w6v2's on the way. I figure I will just have a complete day of upgrading.

Anyone else know of this?
I've done it.

Pioneer leaked the info on how to bypass the N2 and the D1 to their reps to boost sales...

It works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There is an easy way to bypass according to my friend. He said just use the older pioneer navigation disc, not the one that came with avic-n2.
The old disc would give me even more maping problems then the new disc. I have had better luck with map quest.

For the rest of you, thanks for confirming! Why is this so hard to find on the net?

The old disc would give me even more maping problems then the new disc. I have had better luck with map quest.
For the rest of you, thanks for confirming! Why is this so hard to find on the net?
It just happened recently. I found out about it around 2 weeks ago.

It works though...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks! I will take pictures when I do my mine so I can post them. I'm not sure on the soldering yet. My impression was that you just had to drop a bead of solder between 2 joints, but from reading another post, it sounds like you have to actually connect the 2 joints using a small wire. I might just take it to a shop that knows how to solder.

Anyways, thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.