Avic doesn't like Quebec's winter

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
I'm back from a little car ride. It's freaking cold in here - 4 Farahneit (sp?)

It took like 12 tries and alot of car heating to get my pioneer avic 900bt to start. At first i thought it was because of the voltage, car on i was around 15.1v. I tried with only the batt's power and it was still shutting down.

It finally started once i got home... but honestly that was like 20 min after.

If it does that every time, i'll instal my old clarion unit for winter... but **** i didn't see that coming:crap:, it's sad

it was 2 this morn with -17 windchill and my flip out in dash pioneer didnt even have any lethargic touch problems... perfect for me up here

I think we forget that most displays are LCD

Liquid....I dont think LCD freeze till about -40ºF but 0º is really cold and it could show signs

I'm back from a little car ride. It's freaking cold in here - 4 Farahneit (sp?)
It took like 12 tries and alot of car heating to get my pioneer avic 900bt to start. At first i thought it was because of the voltage, car on i was around 15.1v. I tried with only the batt's power and it was still shutting down.

It finally started once i got home... but honestly that was like 20 min after.

If it does that every time, i'll instal my old clarion unit for winter... but **** i didn't see that coming:crap:, it's sad

interesting, my f90bt does fine in the cold.

lowest it got last year was -10 before wind chill for a few days, never had any issues.

interesting, my f90bt does fine in the cold.
lowest it got last year was -10 before wind chill for a few days, never had any issues.
It worked nicely for the rest of the day.... even if weather was still as cold. I guess it only doesn't want to wake up on cold days....

Problem is that the next 3 months are gonna be even colder over here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.