Average gain going from 12v setup to 16v?? And which would you go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wagonized
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Have a two parter here.

Just as the title says...

If I have a wall of 4 15s and 4 500.1s burping 160.0 on a 12v setup running say 5 D3100s (110ah x 5 = 550ah total) then I switch over to a 16 volt setup running 11 D1600s (50ah x 11 = 550 ah total). With the proper stepdown modules and alternator charging etc.

What kind of gains do most people see when doing this or a similar swap??

Secondly, if you were building a big-ish groundpounder. Not something to set records but something to be 160+ on music....would you spend the extra cash to run a 16 volt setup to be that extra level of ******?? Or would you stay 12volt like so many loud guys have done without any issues??

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.