avalanche or rl-p or se

^^^ yeah well in that case my tweeters will get louder on less power than ANY of these subs, lol.

Within reason //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif Main point being; you can't look at the specs of a sub and know for a fact which one will play lower by Fs alone. Too many other factors at work........

Like the enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Throw something in a TL or folded horn and it'll react quite different than you might expect from a sealed setup...

I think no matter what in a ported enclosure the Avalance will be louder up until point of destruction. in and A/B test the Avalanche was killing a Tumult with only 600w vs the Tumult using 1500w. And the Avalanche has better low end than the XXX, Tumult, and brahma in a ported enclosure.

RL-P's are nice i'm sure too but i just cannot imagine a TC-9 sub outperforming the avalanche in SPL or accuracy especially at high output levels.

I think no matter what in a ported enclosure the Avalance will be louder up until point of destruction. in and A/B test the Avalanche was killing a Tumult with only 600w vs the Tumult using 1500w. And the Avalanche has better low end than the XXX, Tumult, and brahma in a ported enclosure.
RL-P's are nice i'm sure too but i just cannot imagine a TC-9 sub outperforming the avalanche in SPL or accuracy especially at high output levels.
On april 3, I am sure I will be hearing an avalanche or 2 so I will be able to confirm or deny this statement.

I think the rl-p would really surprise you as far as output goes.

2 15 avalanches 900 watts each better than anything with same amount of watts

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

Have you heard an Avalanche or SS Rl-p side-by-side yet? Or even a Tumult?

Didn't think so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

when talkin about SPL, i would have to say 2 xxx 15 would be insane if in ported enclosures. Regarding the power issue, a xxx does fine with 1200 rms. It would reach a higher on the termlab meter than 2 SS 15's, tumults, brahmas.

The avalanche i have never heard before.. so i cant compare.

when talkin about SPL, i would have to say 2 xxx 15 would be insane if in ported enclosures. Regarding the power issue, a xxx does fine with 1200 rms. It would reach a higher on the termlab meter than 2 SS 15's, tumults, brahmas.
The avalanche i have never heard before.. so i cant compare.
the whole argument is that two AV15s will POUND in ported boxes with the power one XXX will do.

2 XXX = 400+ each (new)

2 1600w amps = 300+ each (new)

---------------------

$1400ish

2 av15's = 300+shipping each

1 1200w amp = 250ish

------------------------

$600ish

now, thats with near the same SQ and output (or so ive read and heard from many, including people at SIN on the official AA forum) so spend the extra money for what?

the whole argument is that two AV15s will POUND in ported boxes with the power one XXX will do.

That's not what stangme was talking about. He was talking one on one, head to head. Though....he hasn't heard them.......

i have owned the XXX 15", Tumult 15", and Brahma 15"

TC9 subs i've owned: Magnum D2 15", ED 15a, ED 12a, Eclipse Ti 15" so i do have a good idea of how well TC9 subs perform and they are very nice motors for sure. The Magnum is one of my favorite subs ever.

That's not what stangme was talking about. He was talking one on one, head to head. Though....he hasn't heard them.......

I didn't say i tested them did i? I said in A/B comparisons with the Tumult. And the Tumult sounds and has a very similar frequecy response, and efficiency of the XXX. So its easy for me to see how the avalanche would do against the XXX.

I didn't say i tested them did i?
I never said you did, did I?

Just pointing out that you've yet to hear an Avalanche, so everything you say about it is just hearsay.

Sorry, I just don't like that fact that the majority of Ascendant's "bandwagoners" go around the forums telling everyone how the sub sounds and specifically how it performs, when they've yet to hear one themself.

well - brian tarnell (whatever his name is) has pics @ woofervids.com and a review of the tumult VS av15. and he said he likes the av15 better than the tumult. what a surprise that was to me.

and from what i read - he knows his ****. so why wouldnt i be impressed?

[squeak]

well. that was my argument then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

id rather buy 2 av15's and an amp than a single xxx15 and an amp. (if i had the room that is)

hell. id rather pay $100 less for the av15, and $100less for the amp to get similar results any day. but thats just me.

well - brian tarnell (whatever his name is) has pics @ woofervids.com and a review of the tumult VS av15. and he said he likes the av15 better than the tumult. what a surprise that was to me.
and from what i read - he knows his ****. so why wouldnt i be impressed?
I never said you couldn't be impressed. I'm sure it's a great woofer with great performance. But to come to a factual conclusion, based on a single review, and start spreading that as gospel and telling people how the sub will sound (when you've never personally heard one) and making it sound as if it will unequiviqually perform better than every other "supersub" on the market is IMO not what should be happening.....and it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swc204

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
swc204
pierre, SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date