avalanche or rl-p or se

swc204
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
pierre, SD
i cant decide between 2 15'' avalanche, 2 15'' rl-p, or 2 15'' re-se. i am looking for the best sql. i would probally give each sub around 700 watts or so. i would probally put in a sealed enclosure.please help.

avalanches or rl-p's. Tough decision. I went with an rl-p over an avalanche because of box size and looks and I have not been disappointed. It POUNDS and sounds awesome doing it.

Haha, I think it's funny how you put the SE in with those two subs... better yet, debate between the 2 15" Avalanches, 2 15" RL-P, or 2 15" SX/XXX... I'm having that same comparison debate... I don't know, I don't know... the low fs of the avalanche kind of turns me on... How easy would the difference to pick up low notes be between the subs, with the Avalanche going down to 15.7 hz??? :eek:

Haha, I think it's funny how you put the SE in with those two subs... better yet, debate between the 2 15" Avalanches, 2 15" RL-P, or 2 15" SX/XXX...
wait are u comparing the avalanche and RLP to the Superwoofer (XXX)??

I don't know, I don't know... the low fs of the avalanche kind of turns me on... How easy would the difference to pick up low notes be between the subs, with the Avalanche going down to 15.7 hz??? :eek:
I don't think I quite understand the question. But, in the proper sealed box, either one should be able to play down to around 10hz in car.

I think some of you guys put way too much emphasis on Fs.

Well does the FS not determine how low it will get? Another thing, if the rl-p and avalanche's are actually comparable, why would you even consider the avalanche? it's noticeably more expensive, so would it not be worth it to just get the rl-p...? I would like to hear them and determine which is better myself... With more power, which would win, XXX rl-p or avalanche? Would they be at all comparable?

in the proper sealed box, either one should be able to play down to around 10hz in car.
so how big of a box are we talkin for 2 RL-p 15's off about 7-800w a piece;)

i was thinking about going sealed cause tuned @ 36 i kinda miss my LOW bass:(

Well does the FS not determine how low it will get?
http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=87543&pagenumber=2 - Read the last post by "supergrass"......who, if you don't know, is Steven Ponte, formerly a speaker designer for TC Sounds (the company that builds Soundsplinters). This is in reference to a question of how to tell which sub will play lower by looking at it's specs. If you are too lazy to click the link, here is the important part:

"Driver: Fs is NOT a huge determiner of LFE. Qt is. The higher the Q, the lower the woofer will play - always. The more moving mass, the lower the driver will play (relative to Q). Less BL product (relative to Q). Etc etc etc."

Another thing, if the rl-p and avalanche's are actually comparable, why would you even consider the avalanche? it's noticeably more expensive, so would it not be worth it to just get the rl-p...? I would like to hear them and determine which is better myself...
Everyone has their own personal preference. While performance may be similar, everyone will always have their reasons to pick one subwoofer/speaker/etc over another. Kind of like a Chevy vs. Ford vs. Daimler-Chrysler. Everyone has their favorite. Why? Who knows...personal preference of some sort.

With more power, which would win, XXX rl-p or avalanche? Would they be at all comparable?
Buy them all, run your own test, let us know how it turns out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swc204

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
swc204
pierre, SD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date