Auto Sound in Bedford

AllstarE4
10+ year member

DFW, TX
I stopped in today for some info and got alot. I didn't buy anything, was just asking for tuning tips and possibly some MDF speaker rings. Don't remember the guy's name that I talked to, but he definitely knows his stuff. Nice shop, great setup/displays, and stocks the stuff they display. Pricey, but very impressive shop.

Will go back when I decide to upgrade system pieces.

Auto Sound in Bedford > Car Toys

They installed some equipment in a truck I had awhile back. You won't get the best deal there, but as far as install, they know what they are doing. Customer service is tops as well.

They are the best shop in DFW, hands down. Eric White is the main sales guy and his product knowledge is top notch. They are all friendly and knowledgeable. It's the only place I would ever buy car audio equipment. I install everything myself, but they are still pretty cool about advice or whetever when I need it. I've seen their work and it's the opposite of "thrown together" like a lot of other shops. I have stayed loyal to them for years, and therefore usually get the same or better prices as anywhere else, including the internet. Eric is a no-bs kinda guy that will not only help you put together exactly what you need to achieve YOUR goals, but he'll take the time (especially if he knows you're going to make a purchase) to teach people a lot about the products. As for price, Car Toys is extremely high on anything they sell that is worth a ****, from what I've seen.

Another good thing - they won't treat you like a knucklehead if you aren't a car audio guru. I'm sure a lot of people on this board consider themselves experts, but you can surely remember a time when you were a newb to the scene. I remember other shops around that were well-known and did great work, but the sales guys would treat you like a waste of time if you had questions or weren't dropping $10k.

This place rocks!

I did have to pay a pretty penny but i didnt mind because i knew that i wouldnt have to worry if it was going to be done right. It was perfect, and im very pleased. Im going back for sure.

I went to them because I figured I was going to get what I pay for. So, knowing they had high prices, I decided to deal with them a few times, hoping for uncompromising quality that met my wants. I was wrong! Not only do they charge a dollar/minute for labor, they will charge you outrageous prices for their products. I paid $40.00 dollars for one piece of wood, when it goes for $15.00 at home depot down the road. I paid $65.00 in labor for them to "Run 1/0 Power Cable," that’s all! They charged me $75.00 for a back up battery siren for my alarm. Search "DEI back up battery siren" on Ebay.com, and get one shipped to your house for $30.00. Then, if you really want to have it installed at AutoSound in Bedford, go ahead. Feel good knowing you saved $40.00 just on the part! If you buy a head unit (CD player) from AutoSound, and then want them to install it, you have to pay $65.00 for installation + the cost for parts (like a dash kit for aftermarket radios). Go to Best Buy, pay the same price for the head unit, and get it installed for FREE! I paid $30.00 from AutoSound for a Stinger 1/0 gauge fuse holder, when I could have bought it from darvex.com for $10.00+shipping. What I am saying is, installing an alarm, or an amp, or a head unit is not custom work. If it were, they wouldn't offer these services at Best Buy. I am not saying go to Best Buy every time, because you can go to numerous other shops within 10 miles from AutoSound, but just understand that what they are doing for you, can probably be done elsewhere, and for cheaper. But, if you need a custom installation involving fiberglass work, or a fabricated amp rack, go to AutoSound in Bedford (that kind of work will be expensive regardless).

If you question anything I previously said, feel free to email me. In my defense, I will personally show you my receipt with every price on it (it shows what I specifically paid for, and how much I paid.)

I do want to say one thing though. Eric White, the manager of the store (and only person from AutoSound I dealt with, on numerous occasions), is a very nice guy, and is very knowledgeable of all car audio aspects. He is willing to help you, and is very professional.

I had a radio installed in there yesterday. Prior to this I emailed him for information. The owner is very straight forward and honest. I ended up buying a radio from onlinecarstereo.com for about $100 because the base brand they have is alpine and I have always thought they were a bit overpriced. I am very satisfied with the install and love my radio and how they put an ipod connector in the glove box

bottom line: very satisfied, will go there again 2 install speakers, door locks, and alarm system

Got quoted 1200 for recessed sub enclosure in spare tire area. Decided to do it myself instead. Overpriced. They're nice though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...