Auto dimming/tinting mirrors w/ voltage display!

qwiktune
10+ year member

Ninja Samurai
Hey guys I made a mirror like this for myself awhile back to monitor my battery voltage and a lot of people showed interested so I figured I'd offer a couple to the community. They are auto dimming/tinting rear view mirrors (meaning when headlights behind you hit the sensor they auto tint, no need to manually flip the mirror) and I installed custom voltage meter display. I can do these Displays in BLUE, RED or GREEN (as pictured below). They work on basically anything with a windshield and battery. Installing is simple, ground and power wire to connect.

If it might tickle anyone's fancy I also have compass display only mirrors and mirrors with compass/temperature display (comes with temp sensor). But these cannot be combined with voltage and are only one color (its like a light green). I'll post some pictures below to show. Prices are as follows

Voltage - $55

Compass Only - $40

Compass/Temp - $65

+ship

If you need any help or have any questions just let me know, thanks! I'm located in Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah I use one in my project car (no system but lots of other electronics). It sits a lot because of being worked on constantly. If it doesnt start up a some point its nice to know immediately that the battery is healthy (with enough juice in it that it should be able to crank over the engine) so thats one thing I can rule out without having to take any further steps, like pulling out a multi meter to test.

Yeah auto dimming mirror is nice. I do a lot of night driving and i have older 90s cars that came with no such mirrors. Its a subtle feature, but something I've personally noticed a great deal after getting used to it and having driven a car without it. The voltage is really just more useful icing on the cake. No need to deal with finding a clean, aesthetically pleasing location to install it, that looks factory.

Just a heads up for you post holidays guys who are interested. I got about 5 left so don't sleep on grabbing one too long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bigwave.gif.16324171cad2db62cf4f16568b038478.gif

I think this is really cool. I've got the temp display and compass in my truck's mirror, but it's useless anyways now, lol

A voltage meter in the rear view would be sweet for smaller "OEM" looking systems! I also think the price is really fair

I think this is really cool. I've got the temp display and compass in my truck's mirror, but it's useless anyways now, lol
A voltage meter in the rear view would be sweet for smaller "OEM" looking systems! I also think the price is really fair

Thanks, if you are interested and your mirror is the same version with the comp/temp, I could give you a sweeter deal if you sent me your mirror for a core (since I could use it to make another for someone else). Just an option

I dont have a wicked crazy competition level type system, but mines not a slacker and I've found this very useless. However I suppose if your system is so hard hitting you can even retain the rear view mirror on the windshield, obviously a rear view mirror is not something you'd be looking to reattach in the first place regardless its features/benefits

its cool and all but....
i dont have a normal rear view mirror...

i have the 5 pane long mirror and love it.
No doubt, different strokes for different folks. I've tried one of those long pane type rear views before and i like that you can see a lot more obviously but I felt like i was driving a bus or something, hated the look. Sometimes I dig function > form but in that case, I just didnt. I can see the appeal with a larger audio system since I assume with 2 mounting points its sturdier than a standard rear view.

Looks good man. Clean & simple
Thanks buddy. The meters are Ground/Power/Signal so you could essentially get the voltage of whatever you can get voltage from, battery or say an AMP. I'm currently working on trying to figure out using it for a custom Air to Fuel Ratio display. Found a small DIY wideband that has a display that appears to be relatively the same size. That is my next project soon as I sell the rest of these. However those mirrors would be substantially more given the cost of the wideband parts. I'd say somewhere in the $120-$150 range is what im shooting for. Maybe different tier prices that do or dont include the O2 sensor as well.

That would be cool with the AF display.
Yeah, only issue is cost. Right now with a DIY wide band kit I found it would end up being like $130ish if you provide your own O2 sensor, or like $210ish with the O2 sensor included for it to be worth me making them. With AEM units running around $140 range i dunno if the interest would be there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.