audison bit ten.focal krx3

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a set of focal kxr3's. No crossovers. So just wondering should I get the passive crossovers for the focals or would I get better sound out of the speakers using a bit ten processor? Thanks for your help. I have a kenwood DNX890HD head unit and will be using 2 jl audio 8w7AE's.I have 3 amps now I csn choose from for the focsls and havent decided on amps for the 8w7AE's.

Thats not even a question man. Just hope your pretty tech and tuning savy because those things are not for the average joe

With something of that grade, the x-overs should be pretty awesome. I would use them. You may just like them, they're built to integrate the whole set pretty well. You can always get the bit ten later. I'm pretty sure it will take days of tuning to get it to sound at the level as you would have had with passive x-overs.

I acctually dont have the crossovers. Thats why I was wondering which to buy.I will be having it installed at my local audio shop.not sure what I can find the krx3 bi-amp crossovers for compared to the bit ten which I see on ebay often for 260.and 320 with the remote.but I agree im not going to be the one installing ot tuning these.im a nubee to high end car audio thats why im asking you guys which one overall is going to be the better choice.I can use multiple amps if it would be better.I have arc xxk 4150 and 2 arc ks 300.2 I can use for the focals and was going to use 1 amp per 8w7. Have each sub in its own enclosure.maybe a ks 1000.1 per sub with gain turned down so theres some headroom.or someone suggested sell my arc amps and just buy 2 jl audio HD 900/5 and use the 2 sub channels for the 8w7AE's and the other channels for the focals.but I have no real idea whats best.I have upgraded wiring under hood to 1/0 and agm battery and a mechman alternator.wanted to do that before putting in system.man that alternator was exspensive took me 10 months to save up.

You should keep the Arc amps, they're nice. For speakers like that, you should get a DSP. I recommend finding out the default configuration of the passive x-overs and using that as a starting point on the bit ten, then work your way from there. I have a similar situation, but I do have my x-overs and use that in conjunction with the PS8. If you're willing to spend the time tuning it, I'm sure you'll end up being very happy. Make sure you're having fun doing it!

Do you tune with a laptop and the bit ten? Would you suggest having the local car audio shop doing this since they will be installing the speakers and amp? Can you use the latest windows operating system to tune it? And should I have them use my laptop to do it so if something needs to be retuned or I want to plsy with it it will already be on my laptop.? Thanks.

Pretty sure that brand new it comes with a remote, no idea about used. Questions about tuning via pc, operating system, etc can be answered in the owner's manual I'm sure. I like messing with my DSP, plus I'm sure it's not cheap to have the shop do it - unless they're hooking you up. Then again, you would need to have someone knowledgeable do it. A number of operations can be performed via remote, if your seller provides it. My PS8 doesn't have a remote yet, so I'm forced to tune via PC.

They have bit ten with the dspremote or without.but with its an extra 160-200 dollars.just bit ten you can get from 285-300.with remote 325-400.and the bit one ate crazy exspensive for me at least

It depends whether you really need it. I tune mine mostly in the evenings and then I have the whole next day to see if I like it lol The stuff that I mostly change on the fly is usually only the subwoofer level and that's done via HU.

Im the same way.each song has such different bass.I will use a bass control knob directly from amp if possible if not will see about bit yen remote.I want to have wuick bass control and through my head unit takes to long to get to sub setting

They are I just like being able to have a knob I can turn down the bass in an instance. On my alpine-cda-117 the sub control acts just like bass knob.but I will be using a kenwood DNX890HD which is just like you said different.its all about different low frequency controls it even has time alignment on the kenwood. That head unit off topic has the coolest navigation screen I can view live radar and get warnings based on my location about bad weather.it shows the storms in motion like you see on your locsl weather.pretty cool.never seen a headunit with navigation and option to view live radar on map at same time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.