Audison Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
A single Audison LRx5.1k will do what you want.

the 6x9's are kind of killing the Mille's up front man. not sure why they are there. i recommend starting without the 6x9's and you'll probably be happier.

granted, the HCX690 are some of the best sounding 6x9's i've heard... but that's like saying someone has the best looking 1976 Yugo - who cares? both are pointless.

if you ran the HCX690 without the tweeter, it could work out ok. the Mille tweeter is the only high frequency driver that should be running in the vehicle.

The 5.1k is an impressive amp that would drive your equipment quite well. Ideally the front Class A channels on the tweeters and the rear class AB channels on the woofers. If anything, run a separate amp for the 690's.

Front class A "BIASED", not a true class A. But I would agree, tweets off of the "A" channels, mids off of the "B" channels and the subs off of the "C" channel.

I run the 5.1k in my system and that's how it's set up. This amp has one of the easiest, best, most flexible crossovers I've seen. What does it for me is the how easy it is to set up and understand. Some companies make it confusing as he!l to figure out.

Depending on what a LRX5.1k is going to cost you, I'd rather spend roughly half the price and grab a Zed Leviathan. Audison amps are nice, but boy are they pricey. IMO there is definitely a point of diminishing returns with amps, and spending $1 per watt is definitely not needed nowadays.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.