Audison 5.1k static

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flipper245

Senior VIP Member
Just need some advice. I have an audison 5.1k 5 channel running my system. I've been using it for a couple years and love it. A few times when I fired it up the midrange right channel wasn't working but eventually kicked on or I would move the speaker cable and it would come on. Also notice o. Some music, usually delicate like vocals at the beginning of Eagles desperado, it will be a bit grainy or staticky. The connections look good. I'm guessing it's a connection in the amp on the terminal block or something. I really don't want to pull the amp out and start taking it apart but also don't want to pay to get it fixed. Might be pricey. Eventually will sell but can't sell it like this. Does anyone on here know what I will find if I start pulling this amp apart or should I not bother and just take it to a pro. Might just need a connection soldered? Blah!!!

Just need some advice. I have an audison 5.1k 5 channel running my system. I've been using it for a couple years and love it. A few times when I fired it up the midrange right channel wasn't working but eventually kicked on or I would move the speaker cable and it would come on. Also notice o. Some music, usually delicate like vocals at the beginning of Eagles desperado, it will be a bit grainy or staticky. The connections look good. I'm guessing it's a connection in the amp on the terminal block or something. I really don't want to pull the amp out and start taking it apart but also don't want to pay to get it fixed. Might be pricey. Eventually will sell but can't sell it like this. Does anyone on here know what I will find if I start pulling this amp apart or should I not bother and just take it to a pro. Might just need a connection soldered? Blah!!!
First thing, Check your amp grounding.

It's a $1,500 amp. It's worth fixing as the repair, if even a few hundred, is MUCH LESS than a replacement of similar quality. even if you sold the amp working, it's around $800-$900 used in perfect condition.

it could be an issue in the amp. or it could be a speaker wire that is slightly shorting out or RCA cable that is failing on that channel. It could be an issue in the passive crossovers (if you have them) with poor connection.

first thing i would do is test the amp independent of your system. wire up some decent bookshelf speakers to the outputs and use a separate source and test.

if you test independent and it is the amp, then find a local dealer and have them send it back to Audison for repair. Worth the wait and cost.

Yeah it does seem very much like a slight speaker short. The ground is strong. Amp doesn't get hot. No voltage drops and I run this thing hard. Reason I think it's internal is because it's only one channel and when I gently pull on the speaker cable the problem seems to get better. I just put new rca's too. knuconcepts silver series. Running fully active. I think I will pull it out and test it independently like you said. I hate to go without my system though! Waaaaaa!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.