Audioque recone.

GrindFrog
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well my woofer needs a recone. My question is should i get copper or aluminum? Im running a skar 1500.1 with stock wiring. Btw after getting that amp, my woofer didnt last a day, and its currently aluminum coil. Theres no rips, coil looks fine, i smelled a burning when i was driving. Where the voice coils go through the spider and attach to the coil or the cone (idk where they attach), they are all blown.

or clipped to death with that amp on stock electrical. Alum coil HDC will take that amp all day with proper electrical...

Honestly for that power level the copper coil will be louder, but figure out why you blew it first or the problem will keep repeating itself.

Well my woofer needs a recone. My question is should i get copper or aluminum? Im running a skar 1500.1 with stock wiring. Btw after getting that amp, my woofer didnt last a day, and its currently aluminum coil. Theres no rips, coil looks fine, i smelled a burning when i was driving. Where the voice coils go through the spider and attach to the coil or the cone (idk where they attach), they are all blown.
TURN DOWN THE BASS BOOST...... no way that sub should have blown with that power. i was running more power then that on my 18" and i never smelled it.....ever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.