Audioque or DD

there u go u got all u need to know about AQ mr team doa is in the room and he loves his aq
I've had 9500's and HDC's and I sold off the DD's and kept the AQ's. Hard to beat for the $$$ and I don't chase numbers, so I couldn't justify the price difference.

Never got to do a drop in test, but I've seen/heard where DD's gained around 1dB on the meter, but I've also seen the opposite where the AQ's were louder. For a daily set up it won't make a diff. I know the AQ's will take a ton of abuse daily.

Th price diff. comes in really where the aq motor is shipped straight from china pre made and then dd assembles the soft parts. It cost way more to pay a american to CNC machine parts in the USA than it does a little china man in China.

large enclosure tuned to 35Hz then can do very well, but they won't be boomy or bottom heavy, so some perceive that as not hitting the lows.

2003F150 gets very loud with DD's in his daily set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

large enclosure tuned to 35Hz then can do very well, but they won't be boomy or bottom heavy, so some perceive that as not hitting the lows.
2003F150 gets very loud with DD's in his daily set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
Thanks for the props kind sir...trying to get it louder lol

Your vehicle deserves respect, so no problem. Got a few tricks up my sleeve also to hopefully get me over that last barrier as I'm pretty close right now...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perfectcircle

10+ year member
perfectcircle
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from