Audioque or DD

perfectcircle
10+ year member

I have been out of car audio for awhile now. I was going to pick up a couple 15's in addition to the 21" warden that i'm ordering. So I could switch out occasionally. I was looking at the hd3's and was wondering how they compare to the dd's. I remember from a couple years ago that audioque is somehow linked with dd, or the owner of aq used to be with dd. I was just wondering what model the hd3 compares to 3500? 9500? And is there a huge advantage to paying the price premium for the dd's?

ummmm i would say just get the hdc3s.... the best bang for your buck woofer out there.... dd is better but its not worth it imo.... i have hdc3s and love them.... u cant go wrong with them thats for sure

If your doing comps the DD's are cool but if your just looking for a daily sub what about the ssa xcon or the dc lv 4's. Naptown in the building. What i would give for some longs bakery donuts and even some white castles. moved out to cali and there is nothing that compares. where you live in Nap

the aq hdc3 is more like a dd 3500 than the 9500 aq is just a cheaper dd there are small things that they did a little cheaper which makes them about half the cost of dd products...Aq is easy to recone and you can probly do it urself... Aq is a good sub for the money tho

get 2 custom made subs, i havent ordered this exact sub but have gotten subs from them before and patrick makes some amazing stuff, i had gotten another 1500rms custom sub from them and the thing could take plenty more and patrick has told me this one has performed better. he carries these in 15's also just email him, think price goes up 50 for the 15's

http://cgi.ebay.com/TC-Sounds-Audio-Pulse-HCCA-Lightning-hybridsub-by-Robot_W0QQitemZ220566531224QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item335aca2c98

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigman, your speaking my language. I live on the west side. longs is about ten minutes away. west of 465 by 38th. ricks boatyard is in my backyard. work at coca-cola back in the day and would skip down to longs all the time. had a white castle chicken sandwich last night. not much on the sliders myself.

Is the HD3's powerhandling similar to a 3500? I'm looking at options for a single 12 on about 1600 watts, I was leaning towards a 3500 but the Audioque seems like it may fit the bill as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, did a little more reading and answered my own question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the HD3's powerhandling similar to a 3500? I'm looking at options for a single 12 on about 1600 watts, I was leaning towards a 3500 but the Audioque seems like it may fit the bill as well.

HDC3's can handle like 3k + depending on the user.

I used to live off guion rd yea not much on the sliders unless im a lil tipsy after leavin a club. I luv the mozzerlla sticks lol.. ive heard the HD3's and they are durable but the DD's are nicer quality but a lil over priced IMO.. 18 in the trunk perfect circle would sound good cruzin 38th street or letting it band downtown during expo or classic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

perfectcircle

10+ year member
perfectcircle
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from