Audioque HDC3 18 on crescendo bc 5500

Participant count
  • Participant list
idk. as hard as ive pushed mine in the past ive only smelled mine one time and thats because i was play way below the tuning(28hz)... i still say that they can hold more then 1500 rms. i mean i know that compared to most ppl on here i dont know anything. but ive seen the subs take a pretty good bit of power and be fine.

i mean u run it so im sure you know all u need to know about it without "knowing everything there is to know about it without actually running it" like most people

i mean u run it so im sure you know all u need to know about it without "knowing everything there is to know about it without actually running it" like most people
yea i think i know alot about the power handling to but to most ppl there like no i wont work blah blah. and have never even ran one. my friend had 2 sundown 2ks strapped on 1 15 running full tilt, didnt even get hot or fold. i tested mine for shits and giggles with a AB 500.1 set to 3400rms via dmm didnt get hot or fold, my coil still looks like new no burns and still god awfull stiff after a year and a half of pounding it.

Um.. No. a better electrical has nothing to do with you setting your gains right or not. Clipping is clipping whether your system is at 12v or 14v...
ok so i take you misread. what im saying is if you dont have a distortion meter(oscope, dd-1 etc) you really cant tell if you clipping. BUT, if you set gain with dmm to a safe rms for the amp and have good electrical system you have a less chance to clipping.

idk. as hard as ive pushed mine in the past ive only smelled mine one time and thats because i was play way below the tuning(28hz)... i still say that they can hold more then 1500 rms. i mean i know that compared to most ppl on here i dont know anything. but ive seen the subs take a pretty good bit of power and be fine.
You are free to "think" what you wish. I am not able to alter that. I just know what is fact is all.

my bad i wasnt refering to you or anything. i know you said you have used them. just speaking on others

I understand.... I was just pointing out that everyone will have their own opinion. It won't matter who says what or who did what.

My experience wasn't from using them(all though I have). It was from testing for AQ while I was there. We tested all the subs with in and out side the limits that they were "designed" for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Joe562MMA

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Joe562MMA
Los Angeles , CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date