Audioque 18 or Fi q 18

Well I was kinda wanting this sub because it would be a local pick up, so I could go get it today. I mostly listen to rap btw, and I'm not home right now so I can't measure it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well I bought the hdc here are some pics. I have got to build a box and start upgrading electrical which I should have already done. But I will prob be starting a build log as soon as I get all the materials together. Sorry for the low quality cell camera.

Well im powering it with a lanzar vibe 1800d for right now. I know i will be underpowering it but once I get everything done like the electrical and box built I will see how it sounds with that amp but if it's not enough I will upgrade.

That's what I was thinking also do you guys think an 18 is too much for a 3g eclipse hatch. Will it be loud or just sloppy.
no I have a MJ-18 4cu.ft box @ 37hz in my 89 civic hatchback and it's tight bass and loud as CRAP! go for it

no I have a MJ-18 4cu.ft box @ 37hz in my 89 civic hatchback and it's tight bass and loud as CRAP! go for it
I goin for it lol.. Kinda have to since I bought the sub lol What amp you got runnin it

I know I will be under powering it for now but I still need to upgrade electrical asap before I go with a bigger amp. I figure a small amp won't hurt it. It might not be as loud as it could be but it's going in a 3g hatch so hopefully it will be louder that my previous setup which was 2 12 memphis pr svc 4ohm subs in a gay bandpass pre fab:crap:

and you'll do fine on that power level. Just because the sub can take 2-3 times RMS doesn't mean you need to feed it that much. I've run a DD off 400watts and it got pretty loud. I also did a box for an 18" BTL and the guy had a 1k amp and it hit pretty **** hard off that power.

You can use the specs on the DD website for the HDC as the sub is very similar to a 9500 series. Around 5 1/2 - 6 cubes and if you mostly listen to rap and C&S stuff then you might want to tune at 35Hz, otherwise 38Hz works very well for all types of music. And in that enclsoure size you can step up the power to around 2k if you decide to...

Both good subs. The Fi Q is more of a SQ sub and likes to be tuned in the low high 20's low 30's. The AQ will handle a good bit more power and probably be a good bit louder ALTHOUGH it will still hit the lows probably not as good as the Q would.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rgplayer

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
rgplayer
Oneida, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date