250w, hatchback, up to 2 cu/ft sealed....which sub?!?

Which sub?

• SI MAG V4

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • TS-w12prs

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • JL 12w6v2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ID IDQv2

• OTHER??

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

John Pionke
10+ year member

First off, I am looking for a SQ oriented sub that will blend well with the front stage. I know I can also get a sub more efficient if I port the box, but right now I don't see how I can get a port in the box with the size constraints I have.

I need to get a sub for a 1991 Nissan 300zx twin turbo. Everything will be running off of a JL 500/5 for now. I am going to be running my 720PRS @ 100w each, my SPX tweets @ 25w each, and I have 250w for a single sub. I can fit up to a 12" and have up to 6" mounting depth (I am getting my 2 cu/ft. from covering the entire floor in the hatch if need be with a 4" high box, slightly deeper in the wheel well which is where the sub will sit).

I have searched and feel my best options are either an SI MAG v4 or a Pioneer TS-w12prs (good luck finding one though). They both plot well on 250w, are capable of handling more power should I decide to upgrade later, and are generally regarded here as SQ subs.

What I was wondering is if anyone had any other suggestions for me? It looks like the IDQ12v3, FIQ, RE SE (which I just sold), or Dayton HO will not perform as well with the wattage I have available.

Two subs I'm also not sure about are the JLw6v2 or the IDQ12v2 and I don't have excel on this computer to run Unibox with them.

So again, I would appreciate some input and any other subs that I am missing or you think I would like for SQ music on 250w, please let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...