AudioPipe Shutting Down Issue

well if the voltages read good from the voltage test, and the phone test still triggers it then it could very well be a bad amp or a short somewhere.
However i'd lower the gain even more first off. Like i said, dont trust that dd-1. many people got fked over by it on both this forum and all the major facebook pages. If you turn it up and it stops getting louder that means you are way beyond clipping.
That's definitely good to know! I turned down the gain and audibly and physically could hear the subwoofer get quieter and not hit as hard. Even when the sub was barely moving, the amp would go into protect mode.

well if the voltages read good from the voltage test, and the phone test still triggers it then it could very well be a bad amp or a short somewhere.
However i'd lower the gain even more first off. Like i said, dont trust that dd-1. many people got fked over by it on both this forum and all the major facebook pages. If you turn it up and it stops getting louder that means you are way beyond clipping.
Should I start lowering the gain on the LC2i first or the amp first?

I admire anybody that considers themselves a "grandpa" and has an amazing audio system! Goes to show that audiophiles don't die with age!
it's not amazing but it sure shocks younger peeps in parking lots, went downtown today lots of dudes walking on sidewalks were dancing to my music at stoplight lol..

it's not amazing but it sure shocks younger peeps in parking lots, went downtown today lots of dudes walking on sidewalks were dancing to my music at stoplight lol..
Lol I loved doing that with my Audi! The stock B&O puts out some loud, clean mids and highs...it's just the low end of the spectrum I'm having issues with now lol.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Question for the forum....what's the quality difference between my AudioPipe amp and a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP?

That's definitely good to know! I turned down the gain and audibly and physically could hear the subwoofer get quieter and not hit as hard. Even when the sub was barely moving, the amp would go into protect mode.
Okay then its definitely something different rather than clipping. Definitely do the voltage test and signal test and check ALL of your wiring to make sure there's no speaker shorts anywhere from any tears or cuts into power wire runs that can ground out to the vehicle to loose subwoofer wiring that can short out. Or even any frayed wires that might touch together at the amp. or even a ripped remote wire grounding out somewhere.

[/color]Question for the forum....what's the quality difference between my AudioPipe amp and a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP?
huge difference. One is just a regular amp design which is subjected to impedance rise the other is a regulated internal power supply which means even after impedance rise you still get the 1500 watts.

Box rise works like this, if you are wired to 1 ohm, expect to see 2-3 ohms power out of the amp. its just physics every amp is subjected to that however with BDCP amps they make the same power from 1 to 2 ohms along with it being underrated so you'll get the 1500 regardless of box rise. hence the expensive costs.

Another strange thing happened, and I don't know if I heard things or what, but when it started to seriously start going into protect mode, I heard a sizzling noise, almost like a capacitor burst and sizzle, but the amp kept playing/protecting after that.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

same problem friend had., his was new, he got it from bad amazon seller they wouldn't help at all..
That's unfortunate, and makes me wonder if Amazon sellers are selling refurb/replaced units if the issues are popping up on Amazon...

Another strange thing happened, and I don't know if I heard things or what, but when it started to seriously start going into protect mode, I heard a sizzling noise, almost like a capacitor burst and sizzle, but the amp kept playing/protecting after that. 

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

That's unfortunate, and makes me wonder if Amazon sellers are selling refurb/replaced units if the issues are popping up on Amazon...
the amp could be done for but i'd still do all the tests first to prevent any possible install issues from frying your next amp.

Did you go back to your installer and explain your situation with him? How long has this been going on?
I am in talks with my installer atm about next steps. It literally happened within 20 minutes of picking up my car and giving the system some good excursions.

I am in talks with my installer atm about next steps. It literally happened within 20 minutes of picking up my car and giving the system some good excursions.
Oh dam...kinda scary both thoughts at the same time. It could very well be a defective amp then. Even new amps go bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.