Audiopipe APCL-15001D on SMD Amp Dyno at 0.5 ohms Dynamic RMS

I wasn't saying he did this test WRONG, I'm saying that dynamic power is a BS rating. Amplifiers should never be rated this way in real life. All it is for is a big money grab for people who have no idea.

My amplifiers are NEVER going to be over rated. I would rather say the amp actually puts out a continuous 500 watts to a set of speakers after impedance rise. This might confuse some people but at least they are going to get REAL power.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of those "1500 watt" Korean boards will do similar power

saz1500

skar1500

APCL1500

etc.. Anybody that says otherwise is just nuthugging..

I'm working on the full video guys, didn't intend to mislead anyone showing the dynamic power run first (although I took extra steps to explain the test in the video, it appears that doesn't appease some people). Honestly, I was just amazed at the numbers and how they spanked the ones Meade got with his SAZ-1500 he tested a while back. Is the dynamic burst test indicative of an amps continuous output power? No. Does it give you an idea of the amps headroom capability? Yes.

I mainly test old school amps so I can't compare this dynamic test to many other amps, except the tests I've seen by Meade and Skar Audio. Yes, those 1500W amps do more at 1% THD and clipping, but they also cost quite a bit more. Again, I have no allegiance to Audiopipe, they didn't pay me to do this, I'm shipping the amp back on my dime, etc. I just posted a video I thought was impressive, nothing more, nothing less.

Hi bigdwiz you didn't mislead nobody am going to find the thread were they said that they wish someone would put the audiopipe on the dyno and said it would do 600 watts, you keep doing what you do, there just a bunch of haters plain and simple they didn't say nothing about sundown,dc ect when they made power on dynamic run.

I have two apcl 1800 audiopipe amp doing 150.5db and they know it from the back of a suv stock below the window line so much love to you man.

yes, plenty of people are refuting the test. The Sundown was tested in Dynamic mode...WOW are the results, Skar Audio tested in Dynamic mode...WOW are the results, CT Sounds, etc...but test the Audiopipe in Dynamic Mode, nope, that's not a good measurement....can't be right. No way, not clean, not accurate, not valid, etc.
Again, the amp does just over 1300W at 1 ohm at 1% THD (14V), 1500W at 1 ohm at clipping (14V) and does 2800W dynamic at 0.5 ohms...those are the measured numbers on the Amp Dyno. Another comparison, it did just over 2kW at 1 ohm in dynamic RMS burst mode

By the way, those of you using o'scopes to see THD are looking at clipping, not 1% THD. O'scopes are pretty to look at during amp tests, but they are useless at measuring THD accurately...but clipping, yes! This amp does 1500W at 1 ohm for you o'scope fans. BigDWiz, out!
**** you are so right when test were done on this machine on the sundown amp and the ct sounds amp guess what they DID OVERRATED, test was done on a pos crunch amp and guess what it was way UNDERRATED, and the hifoincs amp that was tested was right around rated sooo i dont know why this test would be any diffrent,and for the last time the dd1 has been side by side to high end oscopes we could never afford and it was shown to be accurate not sure what more you guys want i know you dont like meade but he dont make the ******* thing his name is just on it lol

I find it funny how many engineers we have in the forum. Grown *** children arguing and mad about the results of one amp. But who are we really mad at. Audiopipe ( for labeling an 1300 wrms amp as a 1500 wrms and selling it for $150) or Bigd ( because he paid his $2000 plus for the AD-1 and did the test, on his personal time.) Steve Mead ( because he's making money) or Toney (because he made the device). We all just want to know, because i've been trying to figure it out. WHY ARE Y'ALL SO MAD its just car audio

I find it funny how many engineers we have in the forum. Grown *** children arguing and mad about the results of one amp. But who are we really mad at. Audiopipe ( for labeling an 1300 wrms amp as a 1500 wrms and selling it for $150) or Bigd ( because he paid his $2000 plus for the AD-1 and did the test, on his personal time.) Steve Mead ( because he's making money) or Toney (because he made the device). We all just want to know, because i've been trying to figure it out. WHY ARE Y'ALL SO MAD its just car audio
Agreed....... To many "children" on here bash anyone thats not running Sundown, DC, American Bass, FI, AQ/SQ, DD, etc. You get what you pay for and everyone knows that. Its the buyers money and if that want to cheap out on equipment let them. Thats how i see it. Its their $$$. I may make a suggestions but never say "your sh*t *****" or anything along those lines.

Hi bigdwiz you didn't mislead nobody am going to find the thread were they said that they wish someone would put the audiopipe on the dyno and said it would do 600 watts, you keep doing what you do, there just a bunch of haters plain and simple they didn't say nothing about sundown,dc ect when they made power on dynamic run.I have two apcl 1800 audiopipe amp doing 150.5db and they know it from the back of a suv stock below the window line so much love to you man.
Nice score...... This kinda makes me want to run a pair. i had one Apsm2k and was gonna run 2 of them strapped but id rather have one 3k amp instead.

O ya they gets down had 4-15s audiopipe be then now I got two hdc3 soundqubed 18s going to meter it this weekend will post score.

Kew post them when you get them. I would probably just do 2 1500s strapped due to my lower power subs. And what kind of vehicle do you have because those HDC'2's like a huge box lol....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigdwiz

10+ year member
Old School Rulz!
bigdwiz
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date