Audiopipe AP30001D - what am I missing out on?

Yeah man, anyone can run 1.5k on stock electrical with no problems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
There was a separate thread where he said what his specific problems were. He's got a Deka batt and the big 3 done, which should be enough to run an AP15001D. Where exactly did he say he's running stock?

I did a little looking and VM Innovations has them for 310 shipped. That's a pretty nice price for 3k @ 2 ohms.
If you decide to buy from them, make sure you call before hand to make sure they have it in stock. They're an honest business and I've had only good experiences with them, but their website ***** at being up to date.

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, now what exactly am I missing out on if I buy this instead of something like a Memphis mojo, SoundDigital, Sundown Audio or Zapco amps of similar power output? Looks aren't really important I guess.
Or is the AP30001D just a product of really efficient manufacturing and distribution?
Don't do it you will regret it. They are nothing but POS

AP3K is just cheap power, it's pretty straightforward, it will move your speakers for less money, but it's construction methods leaves some to be desired. It's got good parts in it, that isn't the problem. The problem is the ultra cheap ass circuit board and cheap hardware etc. If you are on a budget, get it, if you got more to spend, get something more expensive, will move your speakers good either way. May or may not last forever, though many people claim long life from them, I have worked on plenty, and also heard at one time the Massive P3000.1 had a 50% failure rate out of the box, and it's pretty much same as the ap3k. Made by FSA, the people who made the recalled RD 3250v2 amps and the fail audiopipe AQX3500.1 amp (same as RD 3250v2 board).

I haven't bought the amp yet, it is the weekend anyway so I have until Sunday night to decide.

So what other amps can give me at least 2000 watts into 2 ohms mono? Or maybe 2000+ watts into .5 ohm but I need it to be reliable for daily use. I don't want to spend more than $400. I don't want used/repaired ones either.

Never thought finding the right amp for two dual 2 ohm subs can be such an assignment.

Nope not buying used, I want something that has at least some sort of warranty because I've had some bad luck lately.

I do have to say that Audiopipe is a bit weak on the exterior department, the older Coustic used to have holes like that on their amps.

Found this Lanzar and it's supposed to be able to run .5 ohm daily... they sell one that does 1 ohm too.

LANZAR MAXP2055D 5000W MONO D Car Power Amplifier Amp - eBay (item 390216455724 end time Jul-13-10 18:47:15 PDT)

^^^ I'm guessing it's a 2500 RMS watt amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.