audiopipe amp problem.. please help

rockfordT3

i have an audiopipe ap15001d. mono block amp. im running 4ga. wire for ground and power. straight to the battery, in the trunk with it. the amp goes into protect mode as soon as it gets power. every 5 secs, ther power light flashes. when it flashes, the sub will beat if its hooked up, also, the top light on the amp will go dim with each flash... ive opened it up and its clean. nothing burnt up.. anyone know what this could be?

Check the ground, make sure it's bare metal, probably a bad ground. I would just go back and check all wiring (power, ground, etc.).

So it goes into protection mode when you FIRST power it on?

And do you have your sub wired at which your amp is stable at?

the trunk battery is my car running battery too. its a bimmer so battery is in the trunk. i just have the wires wedged between the cable terminal and the battery bost. its ****** lol but its a tight connection. my 2 other amps work like that. i hooked the amp up inside to just a 12v power supply, and same thing. while its hooked up, i took the wires from my speaker and touched them together, and it gives a bright spark, and dims the lights on the amp and pretty much resets the amp.. does that say anything?

anybody know audiopipes support phone line? everone says they have called audiopipe about their amps and they told them what was wrong immediately. but i cant for the life of me find any number for audiopipe.

you touched the speaker output wires together and it made a spark? well that's not a good thing todo (if it wasn't blown befor it prob is now) does it go into protection when the rca and speaker output cables are disconnected from the amp?

nah that did do anything to it. still doing the same thing its been doing. but like i said, anyone have a clue whats wrong with my amp? its definitely the amp. not outside wiring. if not, anybody know what audiopipes number is? they try really hard to hide it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.